Following the launch of Franchising Gives Back at the International Franchise Association (IFA) Annual Convention in Las Vegas in February, the IFA Educational Foundation announced that it is accepting nominations for the inaugural Franchising Gives Back Annual Awards. Established in partnership with Roark Capital Group, the awards program will salute the best, most innovative community leaders and charitable programs nationwide.
“We continue to be inspired by the stories of how franchise businesses make an impact on their local communities and around the world. The Franchising Gives Back Awards program will recognize the significant contributions businesses make and inspire others to do the same,” says John Reynolds, CFE, president of the IFA Educational Foundation. “We encourage IFA members to become part of this year-long celebration and nominate their company’s community support programs.”
“As founding partner of Franchising Gives Back, we are honored to be part of such a great initiative and recognize those businesses with an exceptional commitment to community leadership across the U.S. and around the world,” saus Steve Romaniello, CFE, a managing director at Roark Capital Group. “These companies will set an example for our industry to follow and inspire others to join our efforts in making a difference.”
Now through June 26, current IFA members and/or any of their affiliated organizations are invited to visit franchisinggivesback.org/awards and nominate their company’s charitable initiatives performed in 2014. Winners will be selected in five categories and honored at a special event in Washington, D.C., on September 28. The awards categories are:
· Spirit of Franchising Award — honors an IFA member whose charitable or community support program embodies the spirit of what it means to be a part of the franchising industry by giving back to his or her local community
· The Newcomer Award — highlights a new charitable or community support program launched that has made a significant impact on a local community.
· Enduring Impact Award — honors an IFA member with a longstanding commitment to his or her community that has been executing an outstanding charitable or community support program(s) for at least five consecutive years.
· Support Our Veterans Award — recognizes an IFA member whose charitable or community support program has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help those men and women who have served in the U.S. military and their families, and positively impacted their local community along the way.
· Innovation and Impact Award — honors an IFA member whose charitable or community support program focused on using creative, innovative ways to maximize the benefits and impact on their community with limited resources.
Additionally, as part of the national initiative for Franchising Gives Back, the IFA Educational Foundation is developing a national registry of the franchising industry’s charitable contributions. Members of the IFA can register and create a profile for their organization by visiting franchisinggivesback.org, where they can submit details about their charitable activities—including hours volunteered and money donated—as well as upcoming events, news, and blog posts. The IFA Educational Foundation also will develop a Franchising Gives Back Annual Report highlighting the industry’s contributions and a best practices guide for IFA members who want to develop their community support and charitable activities.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.