Integrated throughout the menu, the new Simple & Fit items make it easier for guests to choose lower-calorie options that taste great and meet their cravings. In addition, the new menu includes tips to adjust favorite IHOP meals to guests' nutrition needs.
With an increase in focus on nutritional data throughout the restaurant industry, IHOP provides resources in a simple format designed to provide guests with easy tips to make dining choices that meet their needs. All Simple & Fit items are noted with a green icon, and tips and information are displayed in a green box throughout the menu.
There is also a revamped Just for Kids section for guests ages 12 and under. When dining-out, as many as 70 percent of moms recently surveyed are looking for healthful menu options for their kids.(1) At IHOP, every kids' menu item is now a Simple & fit less than 600 calorie selection and all lunch and dinner items are served with fresh fruit instead of French fries. In addition, IHOP has partnered with the USDA's Food Guide Pyramid to feature the well-known logo along with nutrition tips on Just for Kids placemats to encourage young guests to learn more about eating well, being active, and living healthy.
"We're excited to empower our guests who seek creative options and want to make more informed decisions at mealtime," says Carolyn O'Keefe, IHOP's senior vice president, marketing. "IHOP's Simple & Fit under 600 calorie selections offer simple nutrition suggestions throughout our new menu."
Some of the items and tips include:
* Simple & Fit Whole Wheat French Toast Combo: Two slices of whole wheat French toast topped with fresh slices of banana. Served with scrambled egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon. 490 calories.
* Simple & Fit Seasonal Fresh Fruit Crepes: Two crepes topped with fresh fruit, low-fat strawberry yogurt and granola. 590 calories.
* Simple & Fit Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Omelette: Made with egg substitute and fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions, and Swiss cheese and topped with diced tomatoes. Served with seasonal fresh fruit. 330 calories.
* Simple & Fit Take Two Combos: Choose a half sandwich (Turkey Sandwich or Double BLT Sandwich) and pair with seasonal fresh fruit. Half Turkey Sandwich combo is 370 calories; Half Double BLT Sandwich combo is 470 calories.
* Simple & Fit Simply Chicken Sandwich: A tender, grilled chicken breast on a toasted Romano-Parmesan bun with lettuce and fresh tomato served with a side of fresh fruit. 470 calories.
* Simple & Fit Fresh Fruit & Yogurt Bowl: A light and refreshing bowl of seasonal fresh fruit topped with low-fat strawberry yogurt and granola. 330 calories.