Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker survey of 52,898 individuals revealed some surprising sandwich eating habits. Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, rolled out the survey, designed to capture a slice of American life, in honor of National Sandwich Day on November 3.
In celebration of National Sandwich Day, Jersey Mike’s is offering a $2 Off Any Regular Sub Coupon to its email club members and fans on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), valid November 3 and 4. The company proclaimed November “National Sub Month,” and will run a contest each day on social media for entrants to win prizes from gift cards to T-shirts.
Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker: America’s Sandwich Eating Habits
Americans Love Their Subs
- 98 percent of respondents say they eat at least one sandwich a week.
- Two out of five (39 percent) say they eat three or more sandwiches per week.
A Time To Crave
- Three quarters of all respondents (76 percent) crave subs for lunch.
- One in five (20 percent) say dinner is their preferred time for subs.
- Forget cold pizza, a surprising 444 people crave a sub for breakfast.
It’s (not) a Wrap: Top 5 Sandwich Types
- Sub sandwich (64 percent)
- Grilled sandwich (11 percent)
- Deli sandwich (11 percent)
- Wrap (7 percent)
- Club (7 percent)
To Share or Not to Share
- 40 percent say they share their sub with their significant other.
- Sharing with kids is the next closest option at a distant 11% percent
- Savoring every bite: 44 percent say they don’t share their sub …
- Unless they have 100 of their favorite subs, then …
- Nearly three quarters (70 percent) would share them with a charity, police/fire departments or school/work colleagues.
- 20 percent would throw an awesome party.
America’s Favorite Tailgating Sub from Jersey Mike’s
- #13 The Original Italian (32 percent)
- #7 Turkey Breast and Provolone (19 percent)
- #8 Club Sub (17 percent)
- #17 Jersey Mike’s Famous Philly (13 percent)
- #6 Famous Roast Beef and Provolone (8 percent)
- Other (11 percent)
Jersey Mike’s Trend Tracker gathered 52,898 responses between October 3 and October 5. The company emailed a $2 coupon to respondents and invited them to participate in the survey. Trend Tracker captures a slice of American life.
Started in 1956, Jersey Mike’s now has 1,500 restaurants open and under development nationwide.