Jersey Mike’s Subs is delivering a sub above through high school sports with the launch of a new sports awards program. The multi-year program recognizes basketball and football coaches, players and fans who go above and beyond during the season. In partnership with Huddle, the leader in high school event tickets and marketing, the program reaches nearly 3,000 high schools throughout the country.
Program elements include:
Naismith Awards— Jersey Mike’s is now the title sponsor of the Naismith High School Awards, administered by the Atlanta Tipoff Club, and official sub sandwich of the Naismith Awards. Named in honor of Dr. James Naismith, inventor of the game of basketball, these are the most prestigious national awards in high school basketball.
- The Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Trophy: Presented annually since 1987 to the most outstanding boys’ and girls’ high school basketball player nationwide. The award focuses on the 50-player watch list, a midseason team of 25, 10 national semifinalists, five finalists and the winner.
- The Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Coach of the Year Award: Honors the best boys’ and girls’ coaches with announcements to recognize five finalists as well as the winner of each award.
- The Jersey Mike’s National High School All-American Teams: Awarded to the top five boys’ and girls’ players on each of the first, second and third teams along with 15 additional honorable mentions.
Gridiron Gang— Football coaches and players will have access to discounts and offers from Jersey Mike’s and includes a season-long award program.
- Above and Beyond Award: Coaches will recognize players who go above and beyond each week and will name the overall winner at the end of the season.
- The School Spirit Award: Jersey Mike’s will recognize the most spirited student football fans. The top 10 schools will receive $1,000 in school scholarships and a catered pep rally.
- Coaches’ Club: Each coach will receive a package containing discount sub cards for players, catering deals and VIP coach’s cards.
“High school sports teach valuable life lessons about teamwork and leadership, and we are proud to support a high school sports program that positively impacts athletes, coaches and students,” says Rich Hope, chief marketing officer, Jersey Mike’s Franchise Systems, Inc. “Jersey Mike’s Founder Peter Cancro bought his first sub shop at age 17 with the help of a former football coach, so sports have played an important role in our history.”
“We are excited to partner with Jersey Mike’s to engage with high school coaches, athletes and administrators to bring value throughout the school year,” says Joey Thacker, CEO, Huddle Inc. “Jersey Mike’s new partnership with the prestigious Naismith High School Basketball Award further demonstrates their commitment to excellence within high school athletics and the local communities they serve.”