On Friday, February 25, Vancouverites were finally able to say, "It's Our Turn!" as global fast-food brand, Jollibee, officially opened its doors in the city for the first time. The much-anticipated opening day celebration drew close to 5,000 customers who wanted to be among the first to get their hands on Jollibee's Jolly Crispy Chicken and other mouth-watering menu items. Primely situated on Granville Street in the heart of Vancouver's downtown entertainment district, the new restaurant marks the brand's premier location in the Province of British Columbia and its 23rd store in Canada.
Vancouverites finally get to say, “It’s Our Turn!”, as global food chain, Jollibee, opens first restaurant in the city on February 25, 2022.
Jollibee's biggest fans began showing up at 833 Granville Street around 8:30PM Thursday evening, where they camped out over 12 hours in order to be among the first in line for Friday's 9AM opening. Among them was Vancouver resident and long-time Jollibee fan, Kei Kondo, who secured the coveted spot of being the store's first official customer.
By lunchtime, the line was wrapped around the corner of Robson and Howe Streets, and it grew even longer, spanning more than three blocks by the afternoon. By the time the doors closed at 10PM, Jollibee had served up thousands of its signature menu items to hungry fans who came from near and far to be part of the special day.
For those who are planning to visit Jollibee's new Downtown Vancouver store, here's what you need to know:
- Address: 833 Granville Street, Vancouver, B.C. V5M 2C9
- Hours of Operation: 9AM – 10PM daily, seven days a week
- How To Order: At this time, the store is offering take-out only; dine-in and online ordering/delivery will be available in the coming weeks
- Must-try Menu Items:
- Jolly Crispy Chicken: Jollibee's flagship product is bone-in chicken that is delicately hand-breaded to be crispy on the outside, cooked with precision to be juicy on the inside, and marinated to the bone for superior flavor. It is served with a side of Jollibee's signature gravy for dipping each bite.
- Jolly Spaghetti: This unique spaghetti dish features a signature sweet-style sauce, loaded with chunky slices of hotdog, and finished with a generous topping of cheese.
- Peach Mango Pie: Make sure to leave room for this mouth-watering dessert, which features peaches and real Philippine mangoes tucked into a light, crispy and flaky crust.
"We want to thank everyone who has patiently waited for us to bring our joyful dining experience to the beautiful city of Vancouver; it is a truly momentous occasion for our brand – and now all Vancouverites can finally say, "It's Our Turn!"," says Maribeth Dela Cruz, Business Group Head, Honeybee Foods Corporation dba Jollibee, who was on-site to personally welcome customers on opening day. "We are so fortunate to have such a devoted fan base here in Vancouver, and I was personally humbled by how many first-timers to our brand came out to experience our delicious food and cheerful service for themselves."
Jollibee's entry into the Vancouver market represents a key milestone for the brand as it continues its North American expansion goals. The new Granville Street store is not only the first Jollibee to open in Canada's western region, but it also means the brand now has a presence in four of the five most populous Canadian Provinces – Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba. Jollibee plans to open two more locations in the metro area by the end of this year: Strawberry Hill Shopping Centre in Surrey and Cambie Street near Downtown's Vancouver City Hall.
Jollibee has more than 1,500 restaurants worldwide and is quickly expanding across North America. Get updates on Jollibee's upcoming 2022 store openings by following @jollibeecan on Facebook and @jollibeecanada on Instagram.