José Andrés' ThinkFoodGroup announced the opening of Beefsteak at Cleveland Clinic (Crile Building located at 9500 Euclid Avenue), the brand’s first expansion into the Great Lakes region. The vegetable-centric, fast casual restaurant by world-renowned chef José Andrés is open to Cleveland Clinic patients, visitors, and staff.
Beefsteak is the first fast-casual concept created by chef José Andrés and team, where farm-fresh, market-driven vegetables take center stage to create hearty, veggie-centric meals packed with flavor and nutrition. To fuel busy lifestyles and the growing desire to eat well, the affordable and accessible concept executes good food, fast. It’s America’s bounty on your plate-all prepared to perfection in front of you.
Beefsteak at Cleveland Clinic operates in partnership with Bon Appétit Management Company and marks the sixth Beefsteak location since the restaurant debuted in the Washington, D.C. in early 2015. Beefsteak launched its first location with Bon Appétit, a subsidiary of Compass Group USA, in June 2016 at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. As part of a natural progression of this strong relationship, José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup and Compass Group USA announced an exclusive three-year partnership to conceptualize, launch and execute concepts across Compass Group’s venues. This joint venture combines the culinary creativity of Chef José Andrés with the operational expertise of Compass Group USA.
“I’m so excited to be opening our first Beefsteak in Cleveland at the Cleveland Clinic. I’m very proud of the partnership with Bon Appétit Management and our growth together—I know this is just the beginning,” Andrés says.
“Bon Appétit has long believed that from-scratch, local, and responsibly sourced food can be a powerful medicine,” says Fedele Bauccio, CEO and cofounder of Bon Appétit. “We’re excited to be working together with the Cleveland Clinic and our longtime partner José Andrés to bring plant-forward menus that are good for people’s bodies and good for the planet to the Cleveland Clinic community.”
Cleveland Clinic is committed to helping our patients, visitors and caregivers achieve good health and well-being, and one way we do this is by making healthy food options available,” says William Peacock, III Cleveland Clinic chief of operations. “We are proud to offer a variety of culinary options in a new dining environment on our main campus”
At Beefsteak, diners can select one of Beefsteak’s composed bowls or customize their own, with a myriad of flash-prepared vegetables, hearty grains, house-made sauces, a variety of crisp and fresh toppings, and optional meatier toppings. Special soups and sandwiches round out the offerings. Current menu highlights include:
- Avo-Toasty – Mixed greens, avocado, pickled red onion, asparagus, toasted brioche, poached egg, sprouts, sherry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, corn nuts, smoked paprika, black pepper and sea salt ($8.49)
- Lime After Lime – Cilantro-lime quinoa, leafy greens, roasted edamame, scallions, cherry tomato, roasted pumpkin seeds, tossed in a chili lime vinaigrette ($8.49)
- Beet Poke – Rice with toasted seaweed, sesame marinated beet poke, scallions, cucumber, and seaweed salad ($7.99)
- The Eden – Quinoa, edamame, green beans, broccoli, zucchini, cilantro sauce, garlic yogurt, leafy greens, cucumber salad, scallions, sprouts, sesame seeds and lemon honey dressing ($8.79)
- Frida Kale – Rice, sweet potatoes, kale, black bean and spicy tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes, scallions, corn nuts, pumpkin seeds, cranberries and lemon honey dressing ($8.79)
- BEETsteak Burger – Marinated beet, pickled red onion, leaf lettuce, tomato, sprouts, vegan chipotle mayo, olive oil, sea salt on an olive oil brioche ($5.99)
- Beefsteak Tomato Burger – Beefsteak tomato, pickled red onion, sprouts, vegan herb caper mayo, olive oil, sea salt on an olive oil bun ($5.99)
Beefsteak at Cleveland Clinic will be open from 10am to 6pm Monday through Friday.