Austin, Texas-based restaurant Mama Fu’s Asian House, has announced its newest limited-time only Spice Market Menu—this time featuring fresh citrus ingredients in the starring role. The new Citrus Spice Market Menu will be available May 16 - August 7, 2019.
“We are excited to unveil this new menu, which showcases five unique dishes, including some with a TexAsian twist,” says chef James Clark, director of food and beverage, Mama Fu’s Asian House. “We wanted to create fun, light recipes infused with a combination of citrus flavors. We have come up with what I believe is a star-studded lineup.”
The new Citrus Spice Market Menu offers a balanced variety of choices, perfect for lunch, dinner or anytime, all priced at under $10 dollars. The menu lineup includes:
- Carnitas Wontons: orange and lime marinated pork with veggies wrapped in a crispy wonton wrapper and served with orange sweet chili sauce.
- Citrus Zoodle Salad with Seared Shrimp: a mix of chilled zucchini noodles, carrots and cucumbers marinated in lemon and lime juice with grapefruit vinaigrette and served with seared shrimp, pineapple and red pepper.
- Filipino Pork Adobo: this dish is extra special and known as the national dish of the Philippines; tender pork marinated and seared in lemon juice, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, black pepper and cilantro and tossed with onion, red bell peppers, and pineapple.
- Lemon Ginger Stir Fry: crispy fried protein (steak, chicken, or shrimp) tossed with broccoli, onions, and scallions in a honey lemon ginger sauce.
- Orange Nutella Donuts: cake donut holes tossed in a sweet orange reduction and drizzled with Nutella.
The Citrus Spice Market Menu will be available for catering, excluding the Citrus Zoodle Salad with Seared Shrimp. This is the first ever Spice Market Menu to be offered on the Mama Fu’s catering menu.
With the launch of the new Citrus Spice Market Menu, Mama Fu’s will be promoting its Teacher Program, which benefits teachers and their local communities through donations, along with a recently introduced 20 percent teacher discount. Each month the Program recognizes a Teacher of the Month and awards the winners with a happy hour for themselves and five colleagues. Additionally, when patrons order from the Citrus Spice Market Menu, they have the option to round up their purchase to the nearest dollar, which will be donated to local schools in the community.