Mama Fu’s Asian House recently re-released a new Black Market Menu across all locations.
Following the overwhelming success of last year’s Black Market Menu, which debuted the Menu Master award-winning Banh Mi Sandwich, Mama Fu’s has introduced its second seasonal menu of exclusive new food items.
The new seasonal Black Market Menu has become even more exclusive than its previous launch, now only being offered to members of the Mama Fu’s loyalty program, also known as Mama Fu’s “Fu-natics.”
The secret menu features an entrée salad, two rice dishes, Korean Street Tacos, and two shareable, bite-sized dessert plates.
New to the Mama Fu’s basket menu category, which focuses on popular street foods associated with the concept’s Asian-inspired roots, the Korean Street Tacos rival the restaurant’s iconic Banh Mi Vietnamese-style sandwich.
Other items featured on this spring’s Black Market Menu include a Ginger Chili Glazed Salmon, Sichuan Kung Pao, and Spicy Seoul Stir Fry.
Keeping with the brand’s made-to-order promise, Pork Tenderloin will be introduced as an additional protein choice.
“The Black Market Menu gives us an opportunity to showcase our culinary innovation while giving back to our loyal customers,” says Randy Murphy, CEO of Mama Fu’s. “Our culinary team continues to revive and refresh our menu options, and this new menu gives our most loyal customers the exclusive chance to experience the innovation in our kitchens before anyone else.”
The 2013 Black Market Menu includes:
- Ginger Chili Glazed Salmon—Pan-seared salmon filet glazed with ginger chili sauce on a bed of spring greens. Served with orange wheels, daikon radish, and pomegranate vinaigrette.
- Spicy Seoul Stir Fry—Spicy Korean Chili Garlic sauce tossed with cabbage, mushrooms, onions, red bell peppers, bean sprouts, and scallions. Garnished with cucumber sticks and served with white or brown rice. Choice of pork tenderloin, chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu.
- Korean Street Tacos—Soft flour tortillas filled with the choice of pork tenderloin, chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu with kimchi, pickled carrots, daikon radish, and green onions.
- Sichuan Kung Pao—Fiery Kung Pao sauce tossed with celery, water chestnuts, red bell pepper, onion, peanuts, and chili peppers. Served with white or brown rice. Choice of pork tenderloin, chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu.
- Banana Bites—Crispy wonton wrappers filled with banana, dusted with cinnamon sugar, and served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
With 13 locations open and operating in four states, Mama Fu’s has a contemporary and user-friendly menu that allows guests to navigate their options more easily. Guests can choose between a rice dish or noodle bowl, as well as their protein of choice, from a selection of Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Korean menu options.
More health-conscious guests can order a Steam Bowl or salad, or have their protein prepared wok-seared, a cooking method that reduces oils and starch.