Read More About
McCormick has released its McCormick Grill Mates & Lawry’s Flavor Forecast 2013: Grilling Edition. From a global leader in flavor, this grilling report identifies the top tastes, trends, and techniques that will be inspiring backyard cooks all season long.
Smoke and spice pairings, grilled fruit drinks, and DIY condiments are among the list of trends that will be sizzling on barbeques across the country.
“Now everyone can discover a few easy, new tricks to bring these tasty and trendy flavors to their outdoor meals,” says chef Mark Garcia of the McCormick Kitchens. “For example, grilling lemons before adding to lemonade imparts a smoky flavor to a classic summer beverage. And using pecan wood chips on the grill brings a sweet, nutty intensity to chicken, pork, or vegetables and pairs beautifully with a molasses bacon seasoning.”
Following are the leading trends from the McCormick Grill Mates & Lawry’s Flavor Forecast 2013: Grilling Edition:
- 7 Flavors to Watch: Sweet tea, smoked tomato, oregano, pecan wood, white peach, ginger, whiskey
- DIY Condiments:Personalized condiments are shaking up traditional burger, hot dog, and sausage toppers.
- 5-Minute Marinating: This hands-on method slashes prep time and delivers big flavor in less time than it takes to heat the grates.
- Charred Fruit Drinks:Adding grilled fruits to classic summertime drinks like sangria, lemonade, and iced tea imparts a unique sweet and smoky flavor.
- Social S'mores:Taking inspiration from the nostalgic flame-roasted treat, this play on s'mores features a gooey Vanilla Marshmallow Crème that requires no toasting.
- Smoke & Spice Pairings:Pairing the right spice blend and wood flavor with your favorite foods takes grilling to new heights.
- Breads on the Grill:Breads of all shapes, sizes, and origins offer new flavors and textures for grillers to explore.