Read More About
Recommended For You
Launched nationwide on September 15, Taste Trials brought the fun and competition of the Games home to the U.S. while encouraging customers to try some of McDonald's newer menu items. Instant-win prizes included: trips to anywhere in the world, $50,000 scholarships, and free menu items such as the McSalad Shaker(TM) and Chicken McGrill sandwich. The gold medal game pieces were on medium, large and Super Size® French Fries, large and Super Size soft drink cups and hash brown bags.
"Taste Trials instilled the element of competition and fun while providing our customers the chance to win exciting prizes instantly, including some of our newer menu items, allowing them to participate in their own 'taste trial,''' said R.J. Milano, vice president, McDonald's U.S. marketing. "We are proud to award all of our winners with such extraordinary prizes and are thrilled to share in their excitement.''
Millions of lucky winners from across the U.S. have won prizes instantly through Taste Trials. Among the top winners were:
- Roger E. Skarin, from Rosewell, Georgia—$50,000 trip to anywhere in the world
- Ronald W. Wiles from Pinellas Park, Florida—Pontiac Firebird Tram Am Ram Air Convertible
- Thomas G. Saad from Valley Stream, New York—$50,000 scholarship
- Daniel Quinn from San Jose, California—Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air Convertible
- Tiffany D. Flowe from Kannapolis, North Carolina—GMC Jimmy SLT
- Jennifer Goldstein from Enid, Oklahoma—GMC Jimmy SLT
More information about McDonald's Taste Trials promotion and the top winners can be found at www.mcdonalds.com . The promotion ran through October 12.
McDonald's is the world's largest global foodservice retailer, with more than 27,000 restaurants serving over 43 million people each day in 120 countries. Approximately 85 percent of McDonald's U.S. restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees.