Reported year-to-date sales increased 7% compared with the first four months of 1999. Segment details of year-to-date 2000 sales compared with the same period of 1999 are as follows:
* In the U.S., sales were $6.173 billion, a 4% increase.
* In Europe, sales were $3.111 billion, a constant currency increase of 12% and a reported increase of 2%. The reported increase was reduced significantly by the weaker Euro. At current exchange rates, the Euro would continue to have a negative impact on reported results throughout 2000.
* Asia/Pacific's sales were $2.359 billion, a constant currency increase of 12% and a reported increase of 18%. The reported increase benefited from the stronger Japanese Yen.
* Latin America's sales were $583.8 million, a 13% constant currency increase and an 11% reported increase.
* Sales in the Other segment were $646.8 million, a constant currency increase of 22% and a reported increase of 24%.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.