Menu Inspirations, a division of Heinz U.S. Foodservice, was notified that it received peanut butter included in the recall announced by Peanut Corporation of America due to potential salmonella contamination. None of the Menu Inspirations items produced with Peanut Corporation of America peanut butter are sold at grocery stores.
Menu Inspirations has taken the precautionary measure of removing approximately 3,000 cases from distribution in the marketplace. The division also notified customers on Friday, Jan. 16, and asked them to remove all affected products from distribution. These products are distributed nationwide by Menu Inspirations customers to restaurants, hotels, and other food-service venues.
To date, test results on the peanut butter ingredients and the products listed below have shown no contamination with salmonella. No customer or consumer illness complaints have been received related to the products listed below made with Peanut Corporation of America peanut butter. Nevertheless, Menu Inspirations has asked its customer-distributors to withdraw all of the items below.
Following are the six frozen items subject to the withdrawal that contain peanut butter from Peanut Corporation of America:
- Menu Inspirations Chocolate Peanut Butter Bombe (pie-like product)
- Menu Inspirations Chocolate Peanut Butter Landslide (round-cake product)
- Menu Inspirations Chocolate Peanut Butter Scoops (sheet-cake or bar-type product)
- Menu Inspirations Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- Menu Inspirations Variety Dessert Bar (containing Rocky Road Bar)
- Menu Inspirations Variety Pack – Bars (containing Rocky Road Bar)