Modern Market takes the season’s best and serves it up in their new summer menu, which debuts Wednesday in all markets. Full of incredible flavor and color, the new menu features tangy notes, crunchy textures, herb infusions and a brand new protein addition: pulled pork.
Modern Market takes an all-inclusive approach to food and health, with a focus on quality and attention to sourcing. Humanely-raised, antibiotic-free Berkshire pulled pork from Denver’s Tender Belly is at the heart of this seasonal menu. “We’re not only adding a new protein, but we’re also improving our existing proteins with our new marinating process and making them even better,” says Chef Nate Weir, director of culinary operations.
Flavor is also kicked up a notch in this menu rollout with an introduction of new herbs. They can be found throughout each new entree.
“We’re making it rain herbs,” says Chef Josh Chesterson, culinary creative director. “It’s an instant upgrade to flavor without adding unnecessary fat or calories.”
New Summer Menu Items
- Lemongrass Pork Bowl (warm heirloom rice and split peas, Tender Belly pulled pork, carrots, jalapeños, cucumbers, quick pickled onions, cilantro, toasted peanuts and a side of chili vinegar)
- Summer Garden Pizza (three-cheese blend, goat cheese, Grana Padano, summer squash, toasted walnuts, Tuscan herb blend and roasted grape tomatoes)
- Pulled Pork Bánh Mì Sandwich (Tender Belly pulled pork, lemongrass aioli, jalapeños, pickled carrots and daikon, basil and cilantro on toasted ciabatta)
- Pulled Pork Homestyle Plate (Tender Belly pulled pork is available in the homestyle plate lineup along with new sides of Tuscan Summer Squash or Heirloom Rice)
- Thai Coconut Salad (a refresh of a Modern Market favorite, mixed greens, peanut mango dressing, cucumber, shredded sweet potatoes, pickled onion (new), toasted coconut (new), cilantro (new) and toasted peanuts (new))
Modern Market is committed to The Real Food Movement, taking a holistic approach to food and health, with a focus on food quality. By making food from scratch, Modern Market avoids added sugar and bad fats, and through attention to sourcing, they rule out chemicals and dangerous ingredients no one can pronounce. All Modern Market entrees cost around $10.