Modern Market Eatery launched its seasonal Chef’s Picks. The ingredient lineup highlights all things fresh and green this season. Some of the stars include roasted asparagus, sugar snap peas, watermelon radish, and an old favorite, Creminelli Fine Meats’ prosciutto.
The Asparagus Prosciutto pizza gives a nod to one of the eatery’s former pizzas, the Prosciutto Pizza, but now features even more seasonality with the addition of roasted asparagus.
A springtime favorite, asparagus is presented throughout the menu in four different entrees - the new Mushroom Muffaletta sandwich, the Market Cobb salad, the Asparagus Prosciutto pizza, and the Fire Roasted Veggies.
Also featured this season is the new Turmeric Veggie salad, which replaces the eatery’s SuperDuperFood salad. Essentially wellness in a bowl, the salad contains a lot of nutritional properties included in the roasted organic rainbow carrots and marinated beets, as well as the watermelon radishes and house-made turmeric ginger dressing, made with real turmeric pulp.
“When it came time to think about the spring menu, we wanted to focus on the seasonality, incorporating all things fresh and green,” says Chef Nate Weir, VP of culinary. “One of the entrees we’re most excited about this season is the Turmeric Veggie salad, as it boasts all kinds of antiinflammatory and antioxidant benefits. It’s full of color, from the fresh greens and house marinated beets, and showcases our new turmeric ginger dressing, made from turmeric pulp, not powder.”
New Chef’s Picks
- Asparagus Prosciutto: Asparagus, Creminelli prosciutto, goat cheese, 3-cheese blend, green onion, fresh arugula, truffle oil, Grana Padano
- Market Cobb: Romaine, Creminelli prosciutto, roasted asparagus, sugar snap pea, watermelon radish, hard boiled egg, gorgonzola, toasted sesame seed, fresh dill, scallion ranch
- Turmeric Veggie: Baby greens, roasted organic rainbow carrot, roasted marinated beet, watermelon radish, seasonal fruit, goat cheese, heirloom rice, toasted sesame seeds, creamy turmeric ginger dressing
- Mushroom Muffaletta: Roasted mushrooms, asparagus, provolone, pickled olive and veggie spread, mayo, arugula on ciabatta
- Chicken Bacon Club: Roasted chicken, all-natural bacon, provolone, scallion ranch, tomato, arugula on sourdough
- Seasonal Fire Roasted Vegetables: Roasted asparagus & Sugar snap peas, fire roasted broccoli, cauliflower, carrot