New summer items appear on the Modern Market menu, taking a healthy approach to craveable favorites. The restaurant’s core menu also boasts the addition of a new “Shareables” section featuring an appetizer and dessert option.
“Food that dreams are made of may be unforgettable but doesn’t have to be unhealthy,” says chef Nate Weir, Modern Market director of culinary operations. “For this summer menu I set out to create craveable items with clean ingredients. I paired sweet and savory, salty and sour, and spicy and sweet while keeping the dishes refreshing, memorable, and most importantly good for you. All over this menu are ingredient gems that boost flavor without boosting unhealthy fats and calories. Instead of using sugary icing on the new dessert, for example, we introduce Greek yogurt. Rather than processed sugar in the new salad dressings, you’ll find apple cider vinegar. These ingredients are not only better for you, they are arguably better tasting.”
The 2016 summer menu consists of the following new dishes:
· Blueberry Pesto Sandwich - Fresh Mozzarella, basil pesto, blueberry balsamic jam, tomato, arugula, on toasted ciabatta
· Fresh Mint Salad - Shaved broccoli, arugula, pickled onion, cucumber, fresno chili, roasted grape tomato, torn mint, almond, feta, basil yogurt dressing
· Sausage Pesto Pizza - Polidori spicy Italian sausage, pesto creme fraiche, three-cheese blend, roasted garlic, pickled onion
· Toscano Salad - Proscuitto, roasted grape tomato, cucumber, marinated cannellini bean, pickled onion, Grana Padano, romaine, roasted garlic rosemary vinaigrette, served with herb flatbread slice
· Flatbread (New Shareable) - Lemon herb flatbread, Grana Padano
· Ginger Maple Roasted Veggies - Rainbow carrots, golden beets, sweet potatoes
· Dessert Pizza (New Shareable) - Brown sugar caramel, strawberry, blueberry, whole wheat crumble, whipped Greek yogurt
Guest favorites like the Bacon Corn Pizza and Eggplant Goat Sandwich remain on the menu as core items.
The restaurant’s seasonally-changing menu includes fresh salads, pizzas made with whole grain dough topped with hand-crushed, organic tomatoes, scratch made soups, toasted sandwiches, classic home-style plates, and breakfast entrees made with cage-free or pasture raised eggs, and all-natural, nitrate-free breakfast meats. Modern Market provides many gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options and even breaks down the nutritional content of meals on each receipt.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.