The 2016 spring menu has arrived at Modern Market, and vegetables of all shapes, sizes, and colors dominate this season. From tender asparagus on the new pizza to roasted eggplant in the sandwich, the spring menu is a delight for vegetarians and carnivores alike.
“This new menu is a great taste of spring, with bright flavors and plenty of vegetables,” says Chef Nate Weir, director of culinary operations. “Previous favorites like the Eggplant Goat sandwich and the BLT+A are back and better than ever, along with new seasonal classics packed with fresh and flavorful ingredients. We're also excited to partner with Denver's Tender Belly to offer the best nitrate-free bacon in the world from pigs raised without hormones, antibiotics, or crates of any kind. This menu is Modern Market at its best: fresh, clean, better-for-you food that never skimps on flavor.”
The latest seasonal specials include:
- Greenberry – Light and simple with bold flavors, this salad offers creamy goat cheese, sweet strawberries, and Modern Market’s own lemon maple vinaigrette. Hemp seeds and chickpeas add some crunch and protein to shake things up.
- Eggplant Goat – A vegetarian sandwich that even the most unapologetic carnivore will adore, with roasted eggplant, charred onion, red bell pepper, goat cheese, and spicy harissa tahini.
- Sausage Kale Scramble – Guests have been asking for this scramble and Modern Market delivered with hormone- and antibiotic-free Polidori sausage, hearty kale, and red bell pepper, topped off with a mild Pepper Jack cheese.
- Smoky Pesto – Heavy on the veggies and low in fat, this pizza tastes too good to be true featuring arugula pepita pesto drizzled under asparagus, pickled leek, cherry tomato, and smoked Mozzarella.
- Lemon Garlic Asparagus – This tender asparagus side is marinated in a lemon vinaigrette and roasted with plenty of smashed garlic.
- Roasted Zucchini – In this side dish, guests will enjoy sliced zucchini seasoned with organic coconut oil, and ras el hanout—a warm Moroccan blend of 14 spices including cumin, clove, nutmeg and turmeric.
- Tender Belly BLT+A – Modern Market took the classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich and fancied it up with basil aioli, avocado, and arugula. Now with nitrate-, hormone-, and antibiotic-free Tenderbelly bacon.
Modern Market’s seasonal specials change a few times per year, but its core menu remains the same with some enhancements now and then.