Read More About
Recommended For You
In addition to thousands of new products throughout its sold-out exhibit halls, the Summer Fancy Food Show presents the specialty food industry’s newest brands in a pavilion devoted exclusively to emerging food entrepreneurs.
Called “New Brands on the Shelf,” the pavilion features tabletop displays showcasing dozens of artisan food and beverage specialties from 34 industry newcomers. Exhibiting their products for the first time at a Fancy Food Show, these companies are in the Member Candidate Program offered by the Specialty Food Association, the show’s owner. The pavilion is on Level 1 behind the 3400 Aisle.
Pigs in a blanket from Brooklyn, New York, Lavender Martini mocktails from Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, and Freekah from Dumont, New Jersey, are among the debut specialties that will be on display. The pavilion participants also include producers of green smoothie popsicles, beer cheese, coffee-flavored syrup, and seven nut and seed butter. The people behind these products have the opportunity to connect with buyers from top names in retailing and restaurants, including Whole Foods, Zingerman’s, and Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine.
The Summer Fancy Food Show is the largest marketplace for specialty foods and beverages in North America. Now in its 59th year, it runs June 30 to July 2, 2013, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.
Established in 2008, the Member Candidate Program supports industry newcomers with seminars, expert advice, networking, and opportunities to participate in the Fancy Food Show. The program has attracted more than 425 companies and helped many entrepreneurs turn their passion for food into viable businesses. Companies can be a Member Candidate for two years, and at the end of that period, close to half go on to become full members of the Association. Learn more about the program at specialtyfood.com.
Participants in New Brands on the Shelf are:
· Acala Farms, Barneveld, Wisconsin.
· Becky's Bites New York City.
· Bettasnax Inc., Boca Raton, Florida.
· Brooklyn Piggies, Brooklyn, New York.
· Charleston Gourmet Burger Co., North Charleston, South Carolina.
· Chop Foods, Avondale Estates, Georgia.
· Craveright, Alexandria, Virginia.
· Dave's Homemade, Long Island City, New York.
· Delightful Palate, Alexandria, Louisiana.
· Diana and Daughters, Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
· Flavors of Lonato del Garda, Marietta, Georgia.
· Floyd Eats, Brooklyn, New York.
· Freekehlicious, Dumont, New Jersey.
· Get Dressed Salads, New York
· Greek Artisanal Imports, Astoria, New York.
· Green Wave Smoothies, Isle of Palms, South Carolina.
· Halo Top Creamery, Los Angeles.
· In A Jar Foods, Darien, Conneticut.
· Karen's Kitchen Ltd., Green Farms, Conneticut.
· LifeIce, New York
· Miss Lillian's Original Sauce, Jessup, Maryland.
· MitchMallows, New York
· Nibnaks, Palo Alto, California.
· NuttZo, San Diego.
· Powerhouse Beverage Co., New York.
· Salerno Foods, Denver.
· The Saucey Sauce Co., Brooklyn, New York.
· Sicily's Finest Gourmet Foods, Destrehan, Louisiana.
· Skinny Chef Natural Foods, Hoboken, New Jersey.
· sociale mocktails, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
· SoFine Food, Bethesda, Maryland.
· Sweet Girl Brownie Company, Rhinecliff, New York.
· Sweet Nuttings, Rockville, Maryland.
· Victoria Orchard, Downington, Pennsylvania.