The Habit Restaurants Inc., an Irvine-based restaurant company, opened a Habit Burger Grill today at Sequoia Station Shopping Center in Redwood City.
Three fundraising previews of the popular restaurant were held on Sunday, June 28 and Tuesday, June 30. The Habit will donate 100 percent of the proceeds to three nonprofits: California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF) will receive $1,040; Redwood City Girl Scouts raised $1,600; and the Share Our Strength, No Kid Hungry campaign will get $760.
The Habit Burger Grill at Sequoia Station Shopping Center totals 2,950 square feet, which includes the interior (54 seats) and a recessed patio (36 seats). Approximately 35 new jobs have been created to staff the restaurant. The company distinguishes itself in the fast casual better burger segment with its signature Charburger, menu variety, and value.
Some Habit food facts:
- Burgers are always 100-percent fresh ground beef, not frozen
- Burgers are char-grilled over an open flame for extra flavor
- Lettuce, tomatoes, and onions are cut fresh daily
- Tuna steak sandwiches are made with line caught, sushi-grade albacore
- Fresh chicken breasts are hand-filleted and marinated in house
- Tri-tip is trimmed and marinated in house
- Salads are fresh, made to order
- House-made ranch dressing is prepared fresh daily in the restaurants
- French fries, onion rings, and sweet potato fries are 100 percent trans-fat free, cooked in soybean oil
- Every Habit offers a complimentary condiment bar featuring an assortment of peppers, lemons, limes, and a range of sauces for guests to spice it up.
The Habit was founded in 1969 in Santa Barbara and has 118 restaurants in California, Arizona, Florida, New Jersey, and Utah. Besides the signature Charburgers—made-to-order and cooked over an open flame—The Habit is known for a variety of hearty fresh sandwiches and salads that are available topped with flame-grilled chicken, USDA Choice tri-tip, and line-caught albacore tuna.