Today, Panera Bread announced exciting updates to its industry-leading MyPanera Loyalty Program, giving more choices to guests when redeeming loyalty rewards.
MyPanera Personalized Rewards Now Give Members a Choice
Starting October 6, MyPanera will begin to roll out new choice-based rewards, allowing members to select their reward from multiple options based on their personal preferences, instead of a single, pre-selected reward. This new benefit is rooted in MyPanera’s relationship-based loyalty program, where rather than a transactional points system, members are rewarded based on frequency of visits, spend and their individual purchases and preferences.
“We view our MyPanera loyalty program as an extension of the warmth we show to our guests in our bakery-cafes—for us it’s about creating meaningful relationships and delivering personalized value,” said Eduardo Luz, Chief Brand and Concept Officer at Panera Bread. “We create loyalty by deeply knowing our MyPanera members. We strive to understand and deliver exactly what delights them.”
MyPanera began in 2010 as one of the earliest and still one of the largest guest loyalty programs in the restaurant industry, with nearly 48 million members. The MyPanera program is rooted in the belief that the job of a loyalty program is to deepen the guest relationship by meeting both a guest’s rational and emotional needs. In turn, in the first quarter of fiscal 2022 more than half of all Panera transactions were from MyPanera members, who typically visit Panera more frequently and spend more in each visit than non-MyPanera members.
The MyPanera loyalty program incorporates surprise and delight elements, allowing Panera to provide members with different and personalized experiences that increase in value based on multiple variables such as how often they visit, instead of a points-based system typically seen in the restaurant industry. MyPanera membership benefits include more than just discounts on the next purchase, but also enable personalized digital ordering experiences, strong value through programs like the Unlimited Sip Club, surprise offers, catering rewards and early access to new menu items.
First-Ever MyPanera Week Launches September 29
Beginning on National Coffee Day, September 29, Panera Bread will hold its first-ever MyPanera Week from September 29 through October 5, handing out exclusive perks to celebrate its loyalty program members. Perks for MyPanera members during the 2022 MyPanera Week include:
- Thursday, September 29– On National Coffee Day, new Unlimited Sip Club Subscribers will receive 2 months free. Existing Sip Club Members will receive $2 off select barista beverages and smoothies. (One time and In-App Only)
- Friday, September 30– $0 Delivery Fee (In-App only, valid through 10/5/22)
- Saturday, October 1– Free Baguette with Purchase (In-App only)
- Sunday, October 2– $2 off Broccoli Cheddar Soup Bowl (In-App only)
- Monday, October 3 – 20% Off Panera Bread Gift Cards (Online only)
- Tuesday, October 4– Special Gift from a Panera Partner (To be Announced)
- Wednesday, October 5– Cooking Class with Panera’s Head Chef, Claes Petersson and discounts on Panera Grocery Products
- Thursday, October 6– Start of Choice in MyPanera Rewards
“Our guests have been requesting more choice in their MyPanera rewards and we are happy to bring this new experience to our loyalty program,” says Meenakshi Nagarajan, Senior Vice President of Loyalty and Recurring Revenue at Panera Bread. “Our MyPanera members each have their own unique Panera favorites and we’re excited to see that reflected in our rewards—giving them personalized surprises that fit their own individual journey.”