The BOOK IT! Program. BigFoot Pizza. E-commerce pioneer. The Big New Yorker. Stuffed Crust. Original Pan Pizza.
Call it nostalgia. Call it innovation. But these are just a few of the things that Pizza Hut has become synonymous for over the last 60 years.
There’s more. Movie partnerships. The Edge Pizza. Beer delivery. Cheesy Bites. Pie Tops. Checkered table cloths.
In celebration of its birthday, Pizza Hut is introducing a new pizza that combines two of the brand’s most iconic menu items into one great new innovation called Double Cheesy Crust Pan Pizza.
The new, limited-time pizza pays homage to Stuffed Crust and Original Pan by baking a ring of cheese just inside the unmistakably golden edge of Pizza Hut Pan crust. An additional layer of toasted Parmesan is baked on the crust edge and the pizza is topped off with a blend of parmesan and oregano.
“In addition to winning over pizza fans with innovations like the Double Cheesy Crust Pan Pizza, Pizza Hut has also become part of the fabric of American pop culture,” says Zipporah Allen, CMO, Pizza Hut. “Whether it’s making an appearance in iconic movies or changing the way we order food by being the first pizza ordered online, Pizza Hut has proven time and time again that No One Out Pizzas the Hut.”
Pizza Hut facts:
- Made appearances in more than 19 movies
- Created the nation’s largest reading-incentive program with BOOK IT!
- Was the first pizza delivered to the White House
- Was the first physical good ever purchased via the internet
- Started with one store in Wichita, Kan., in 1958, opened in part thanks to a $600 loan from “mom” to the founding brothers Frank and Dan Carney
- Choreographed the longest pizza delivery in history, sending an order via rocket to the International Space Station
- Set a World Record for highest pizza delivery to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro
- For many years was the largest global purchaser of kale
- Created one-of-a kind Pie Tops sneakers that order pizza with a push of a button
- Forged a global partnership with Toyota to explore the future of autonomous vehicle pizza delivery and other initiatives to improve mobility around the world
Today, through the next 60 years, and beyond, Pizza Hut is focused on updates and innovations that make it easier for customers to get a better pizza. Earlier this year, Pizza Hut released the Pie Tops II, Bluetooth-enabled sneakers that order pizza and pause the TV with a push of a button. Recently, the company also launched voice command ordering, the first pizza tracker that includes text messaging and Hut Rewards, the only national pizza loyalty program with a faster way to free pizza through points for every dollar spent on food online.
“Over the past 60 years, Pizza Hut has become so much more than just a pizza company,” Allen says. “We are proud of the achievements made in the last 60 years and are looking forward to what the future holds.”
The Double Cheesy Crust Pan Pizza is currently available for a limited time for delivery, carryout or dine-in at Pizza Hut locations across the country