It may now officially be the off-season, but Pizza Hut has one more move left in its playbook. Hot off its first Super Bowl as the Official Pizza Sponsor of the NFL, Pizza Hut is saying thank you to the fans that helped make this football season one for the books. Available Thursday through February 17, pizza lovers can purchase any Large Pizza Hut pizza for just $10.99 when they use the promo code "THANKYOU" at checkout. This limited-time offer is valid for carry out only and available for ANY toppings, ANY specialties (including Meat Lover's and Supreme) and ANY crust including Original Pan.
Hot off its first Super Bowl as the Official Pizza Sponsor of the NFL and just in time for National Pizza Day, Pizza Hut is saying thank you to the fans for an incredible football season, offering any Large Pizza Hut pizza for just $10.99 when customers use the promo code “THANKYOU” at checkout.
"Throughout the entire NFL season, our fans proved to be the real MVPs," says Marianne Radley, chief brand officer, Pizza Hut. "While we're at our busiest, we're at our best—and Super Bowl Sunday was no exception. To keep the momentum going, we're showing our gratitude to customers by offering up a special deal on the Pizza Hut pizza they know and love, right in time for National Pizza Day."
Just how passionate were customers about the restaurant's oven hot pie during Super Bowl LIII? See below for stats about the busiest pizza day of the year for Pizza Hut:
- Pizza Hut gameday sales broke records with the highest ever digital sales and transactions for the restaurant.
- On the busiest day of the year, Pizza Hut delivery drivers were in gameday form, with 70 percent of orders delivered in 30 minutes or less.
- On Super Bowl Sunday, Pizza Hut sold enough pizza to cover more than 41,000 football fields and served up 10 million ounces of cheese.
- Pizza Hut customers weren't just ordering oven-hot pies, the restaurant also delivered almost 6 million wings on gameday.
- Half of the pizzas sold during the big game were larges, feeding gatherings big and small.
- Peak ordering hour was 6pm ET, where customers ordered 5,000 pizzas a minute across the country.
- Pizza Hut sold nearly two times as many pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday vs. a typical Sunday, proving that football and pizza truly are the perfect pair!
- The largest order placed on Super Bowl Sunday was for $5,134.09 to a customer in Kansas.
With National Pizza Day on February 9—a day some may argue is the Super Bowl for pizza lovers—$10.99 for ANY large pizza is a deal that can't be missed. An extra charge is required for stuffed crust, extra cheese, and pizza orders exceeding five toppings. Product availability, combinability of discounts and specials, prices and participation may vary.