Planet Smoothie has launched PLANET LITE – a new line of 10 smoothies with fewer than 300 calories.
“Smoothies are one of the largest and fastest growing beverage segments, so we’re thrilled to announce the addition of our PLANET LITE line to our permanent menu for consumers who want great tasting, lower calorie options,” says Donna Smith, VP of Marketing at Planet Smoothie. “We know the calories in these delicious drinks can add up. With PLANET LITE, we have answered Americans’ craving for low calorie, low fat, low cholesterol, on-the-go meals and snacks that taste great with real ingredients for a healthier lifestyle.”
All of the new PLANET LITE 22—ounce smoothies are sweetened with the company’s proprietary LeanLeaf sweetener, made from a blend of agave and stevia, two of the sweetest plants on the planet. The sweetener is anywhere from 40 to 300 times sweeter than sucrose, the chief component of sugar.
Consumers can also request add-ins to the PLANET LITE line with ingredients like leafy greens (Swiss chard, kale and spinach) and/or supplements of vitamins and proteins to increase energy and burn fat.
“Some people don’t come near the suggested daily requirements of fruits and veggies each day because they don’t like them, or they don’t have time to shop for and cook with them,” says Smith. “The PLANET LITE line and the add-ins are an easy way to improve your diet in a delicious tasting drink that doesn’t require much effort or planning.”
New PLANET LITE Line:
· 2 Piece Bikini – strawberries, bananas, vanilla, nonfat milk and fat burner blast supplement
· Crazy Bee – mangos, strawberries, honey and a multivitamin supplement
· Leapin’ Lizard – peaches, strawberries and fat burner blast supplement
· Lunar Lemonade – strawberry or raspberry, lemonade, bananas and fat burner blast supplement
· Mediterranean Monster – strawberries, bananas, splash of orange juice and fat burner blast supplement
· Pina Colada – banana or strawberry, coconut, pineapples, nonfat milk, vanilla, fat burner blast supplement
· Strawberry Aphrodite – strawberries, bananas, Greek yogurt
· Screamsicle – pineapples, peaches, orange juice, frozen yogurt, orange sherbet, multivitamin or immunity supplement
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.