Pollo Tropical, Florida's fast-casual concept known for its citrus-marinated, flame-grilled chicken and array of authentic sauces and sides, brings its Tropical Lite menu to all locations this month, offering five meal choices under 510 calories each.
The menu, which was first tested in Pollo Tropical's West Palm Beach restaurants in late 2013, features a new, citrus chicken entree salad, soup with a chicken wrap, a TropiChop, a grilled chicken breast platter with rice and vegetables, and a quarter chicken with citrus chicken side salad, each ranging from 340 to 510 calories.
"Pollo Tropical is known for its fresh and healthy meals that people can feel good about eating. Our Tropical Lite menu takes that a step further and provides tasty, easy choices for those who are counting calories or want to slim down after the holidays," says Pollo Tropical director of marketing Sandra Pascual. "We believe that better choices can and should taste great, and these five healthy items are built around the core Caribbean flavors of the Pollo Tropical menu."
Featured on the Tropical Lite Menu are:
· LITE Citrus Chicken Salad with orange wedges, vine ripe tomatoes, almond slices, and Mango Poppy Seed Dressing – 360 calories
· LITE Quarter Chicken with Citrus Side Salad and Mango Poppy Seed Dressing – 510 calories
· LITE Grilled chicken breast with yellow rice, vegetables, and balsamic tomatoes – 430 calories
· LITE TropiChop with Grilled Chicken, half brown rice, half romaine lettuce, onions, peppers, and diced tomatoes – 340 calories
· LITE Chicken Caesar Wrap & Caribbean Chicken Soup – 480 calories
Pollo Tropical also has a nutritional calculator on its website with calorie counts for the entire menu so customers can calculate and customize their meals for a healthier lifestyle.