Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen will celebrate Seafood Mardi Gras during March and April by bringing back two popular seafood favorites for a limited time: Butterfly Shrimp Tackle Box and Cajun Surf & Turf.
Butterfly Shrimp Tackle Box includes Butterfly Shrimp that are marinated in Louisiana seasonings, breaded, and fried. The Butterfly Shrimp Tackle Box includes eight Butterfly Shrimp, an order of Cajun fries, and a biscuit and dipping sauce for $4.99.
Cajun Surf & Turf includes two Handcrafted Tenders of breast meat, four Butterfly Shrimp, Cajun fries, biscuit, and two Signature Dipping Sauces for $4.99.
“Seafood Mardi Gras at Popeyes is a celebration of real seafood done the Popeyes way,” says Marianna Magee, director of marketing calendar and planning. “With these two, flavorful, seafood limited time offers we are staying true to our deep, Louisiana roots and we know seafood lovers are going to love them.”
This year marks the third year of an exciting partnership between Popeyes and Fanta, and this year, Popeyes guests have a chance to win a new 2014 Chevy Equinox. Through May 4, guests who purchase a Fanta beverage and text their unique code found on their promotional cup will be entered for a chance to win. Thousands of prizes will be awarded through the Seafood Mardi Gras themed game via mobile devices. Instant prizes include weekly trips to Mardi Gras 2015, Popeyes Gift Checks, iTunes Gift Cards, and Visa Gift Cards.
Additionally, Popeyes will provide guests with new, Louisiana-inspired permanent menu options:
· Cajun Fish: Whole-fillet whitefish seasoned with a savory blend of Louisiana spices then served crispy in a Southern-style crumb breading.
· Catfish: Catfish seasoned in Louisiana seasonings with a Southern cornmeal coating.
· Popcorn Shrimp: Shrimp seasoned in Louisiana herbs and spices and served up crispy in a Southern-style breading.
· Fish and Popcorn Shrimp: A combination meal including two seafood favorites.
· Spicy Tenders: Spicy Tenders that pack a Louisiana punch in every bite.
· Blackened Tenders: Batter-free and non-breaded tenders.
· Cajun Rice: A blend of Cajun spiced rice with New Orleans–seasoned meats and herbs.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.