Popeyes® Chicken & Biscuits announced its
2000 franchise and supplier awards at its recent worldwide conference
in Las Vegas. The company honored its franchise partners with seven Silver Plate
Awards, one Gold Plate Award and a Heritage Award. Outstanding Popeyes suppliers
received Supplier of the Year and National Accounts Supplier of the Year awards.
Silver Plate Awards are presented to restaurants that excel in sales, community
involvement, marketing, and overall franchise leadership. This year’s Silver Plate
Award recipients are:
• Sailormen, Inc. — Melbourne, Fla., restaurant
• Brodersen Management — Milwaukee, Wis., restaurant
• Janjer Enterprises — Springfield, Va., restaurant
• Marietta Management Service Corp. — Reston, Va., restaurant
• Army & Air Force Exchange Service — Osan Military Installation, Korea and
• Misawa Air Base, Japan, restaurants
• Haimarrow Company, Ltd.,—DaeAn-Dong, MokPo City, Korea, restaurant
From this group of franchise partners, Brodersen Management of Milwaukee, Wisconsin,
received this year’s Gold Plate Award for demonstrating outstanding overall business
practices. Brodersen Management was also recognized as the Domestic Franchise
Partner of the Year. The company, selected from 275 franchise partners for these
awards, received top honors for its operational excellence.
“Brodersen Management exemplifies what we look for in a Gold Plate winner and
Domestic Franchise Partner of the Year,” explained Jon Luther, president, Popeyes
Chicken & Biscuits. “The company’s dedication to training, expansion and overall
quality customer service makes Brodersen Management a role model for other
Popeyes suppliers are considered a part of the team and exceptional performances
are recognized each year. This year, two suppliers received awards. Popeyes named
GoldKist in Atlanta, Ga., as its Supplier of the Year, and Peter Anthony Designs in
Atlanta as its National Accounts Supplier of the Year.
“Our suppliers are an invaluable part of the Popeyes team,” Luther said. “They
enable us to serve our customers and are a key part of Popeyes continuing success.”
Popeyes also issued several other awards at the convention:
• Heritage Award — John Solomon, former Popeyes franchisee
• International Alternative Developer of the Year — PT Popiendo, Selera Prima, Indonesia
• International Developer of the Year —Haimarrow Co., Ltd., Korea
• Domestic Developer of the Year — Saratoga Food Group, Silver Springs, Md.
• International Franchise Partner of the Year — Eduardo Kafati, Honduras
Popeyes was also recognized at the convention by its franchisees. The Popeyes Independent Franchisee Association
awarded the first Spirit of Popeyes Award to the brand’s Menu and Concept Development team.