Popeyes has unveiled its first-ever Super Bowl commercial featuring actor, writer, and comedian Ken Jeong trying the famous brands’ new Wings for the first time.
The funny commercial is based on Jeong, who cryogenically froze himself 52 years ago waiting for the best-ever wing to be created. Jeong is unfrozen to discover Popeyes has permanently launched Wings in five delicious flavors – along with many other changes from 52 years ago, including drones, driverless cars, scooters, and new breeds of doodle dogs.
The advertisement was created by Popeyes in partnership with its creative agency, McKinney, and was directed by filmmaker and MTV Video Music and Grammy Award Winner Calmatic, who is well known for directing movies like House Party and White Men Can’t Jump.
“Football and Wings is the all-American pairing, so we couldn’t think of a better time to go all-in on launching our new wing line up than during the Super Bowl,” says Sami Siddiqui, President of Popeyes North America. “Ken Jeong is a comedic genius who really makes this commercial a lot of fun to watch.”
Popeyes new wings in five delicious flavors are available nationwide starting at $5.99 for 6-pieces:
- Ghost Pepper: The perfect balance of flavor and fire.
- Sweet ‘N Spicy: A sweet and spicy blend of chili, garlic and ginger.
- Honey BBQ Wings: Tangy and sweet, like a good BBQ should be.
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan: The perfect blend of roasted garlic and parmesan cheese.
- Signature Hot: Nice and spicy with just a dash of southern sweetness.