On April 15, the healthy fast casual concept Protein Bar & Kitchen will begin offering CBD oil as a boost on its menu.
“We’re constantly making upgrades to our menu and evolving based on what appeals to our guests” says Jeff Drake, CEO. “Protein Bar & Kitchen has a long history of being ahead of the curve on trends such as collagen, riced cauliflower, quinoa and the very idea of healthy fast casual dining.”
Protein Bar & Kitchen’s CBD oil can be added to any shake or coffee as a floating boost for $2.99. Once the shake is made, CBD oil will be added to the top of the shake using a calibrated dropper in a 1 ml / 30 mg of CBD (this is the daily recommended dose for the average body type).
Protein Bar & Kitchen’s CBD oil supplier is Medterra located in Irvine, California and was chosen for their clarity around third party testing and lab results for their products. The oil is derived from hemp suspended in MCT oil, is Non-GMO, organically-sourced and does not contain THC.
“Research has shown CBD has great promise in treating inflammation, pain, sleeping disorders and aiding in relaxation—all things that obviously appeal to our guests,” says Drake.
Additional new items to the Protein Bar & Kitchen spring and summer menus include Grilled Salmon, Sweet Pea Falafel, a Greek Salad and Spring Curry Soup.
Coming to the menu on April 16:
- Salmon TLC (Thai Lentil Curry): Grilled salmon, black lentils, Thai curry sauce, turmeric chickpeas, pickled carrot, pickled onion, warm spinach and kale, serrano chilis, roasted peanuts, spiced Greek yogurt, and cilantro. $11.99
- Spring Protein Bowl: All-natural chicken, broccoli, mushroom, asparagus, hard-boiled egg, spinach and kale with a lemon vinaigrette. $9.99
- Spring Curry Soup: Organic blend of green lentils, onion, carrot, spinach, coconut milk, lime, and Thai spices with riced cauliflower. $8.49
Coming to the menu on May 21:
- Sweet Pea Falafel Bowl: Sweet pea falafel, hummus, pickled carrot, cucumber, tomato, mixed greens, quinoa with tzatziki sauce. $9.99
- The Greek Salad: All-natural chicken, feta, hummus, tomato, cucumber, chickpea, pickled onion, oregano, and apple cider vinaigrette. $9.99
Protein Bar was founded in 2009 in Chicago to provide guests with a needed oasis of filling, protein-rich sustenance. Protein Bar & Kitchen now operates 19 restaurants with 13 in Chicago, 4 in and around Denver, and 2 in Washington D.C.