Proper Food, providing fresh, all-natural takeaway since 2013, expands beyond San Francisco with its first New York City location, opening in the Financial District this September. Located at 67 Wall Street, the NYC storefront will offer good, honest, grab-n-go fare to the lower Manhattan neighborhood.
Making it a cinch to eat well on the run, Proper Food provides a broad assortment of breakfast, lunch, and dinner items, all prepared fresh each morning from only the best ingredients. At the end of each day, all unsold meals are donated to those in need. In New York, Proper Food will be donating to Rescuing Leftover Cuisine; the NY-based non-profit that provides leftover meals to local homeless shelters. The menu, handcrafted with sustainably sourced ingredients, is expertly curated by Founding Executive Chef Juan Muñoz. Muñoz applies his Michelin-star fine dining background to create unique and complex flavors for each dish, far beyond what customers would expect to find in grab-and-go containers. Made-from-scratch meals include breakfast, sandwiches, salads, soups, and Chef’s specials, which continuously evolve with the seasons.
A sampling of Proper Food menu favorites includes:
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich: Sunny-side up free-range egg, bacon, New York white cheddar, freshly baked butter croissant
- Pulpo Ensalada: Wild octopus, baby romaine, farro, sun-dried tomato pesto, pine nuts, cherry tomatoes, chives, grilled corn, parsley, olive oil with lemon zest
- Charbroiled Flank Steak, Rice and Bean Bowl: All-natural flank steak, black beans, cannellini beans, Mexican red rice, queso fresco, shredded iceberg lettuce, avocado, crispy corn tortillas, house-made lime vinaigrette
- Seared Lemon Pepper Tuna Salad: Line-caught Ahi tuna, saffron-infused basmati rice, beluga lentils, roasted almonds, Roma tomatoes, kale, house-made sherry vinaigrette
- PB&J: House-made coconut peanut butter, Proper Food’s own all-natural jam, bananas, and walnut bread
“Proper Food exists to solve the dilemma between eating well and eating fast,” says Dana Bloom, Co-CEO of Proper Food. “Our purpose is to change the way people eat on the go. We’ve developed a loyal following in San Francisco by making it simple for our customers to quickly grab a delicious, freshly prepared meal, and we are excited to introduce Proper Food to New York. Proper Food is a perfect fit for food savvy and time starved New Yorkers who will appreciate our quality and convenience.”
Proper Food’s NYC location will be the brand’s tenth addition to nine stores located in San Francisco, CA, and be open Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.