Italy has brought us masterpieces like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Michelangelo’s “David”, the Roman Colosseum, and the canals of Venice. Now, Schlotzsky’s is debuting their own take on Italian with the launch of four new oven-baked pasta dishes, three specialty ciabatta sandwiches, and a new gourmet pizza, along with their Italian chopped salad. The special “Viva l’Italia!” menu, which means “Hooray for Italy!”, kicks off March 2 at participating locations nationwide.
For decades, Schlotzsky’s has been known for its signature sandwiches served on Fresh-from-Scratch, oven-baked sourdough buns. The popular chain has recently added a full array of oven-baked wraps, fresh-tossed salads, savory soups, artisan flatbreads, and gourmet pizzas. Now, with the addition of Italian-inspired oven-baked pastas, Ciabatta specialty sandwiches, and gourmet pizzas made with fresh ingredients and the artisanal preparation Schlotzsky’s is known for, the bakery-cafe is offering even more unique choices for consumers.
Schlotzsky’s lineup of oven-baked pastas feature tender Canestrelli pasta and are generously topped with a blend of cheeses along with Schlotzsky’s signature sourdough bread crumbs, garnished with fresh basil and accompanied by two cheesy garlic bread sticks. The dishes include:
· Chicken Pesto Carbonara – Canestrelli pasta tossed in basil cream sauce with roasted tomato and red bell pepper, hand-carved grilled chicken breast, and bacon.
· Sausage & Peppers with Goat Cheese – Canestrelli pasta tossed in tomato basil sauce with Italian sausage, bell pepper, and Goat cheese.
· Tomato-Basil Canestrelli – Canestrelli pasta tossed in tomato basil sauce with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
· Bayou Chicken – Canestrelli pasta tossed in basil cream sauce with sweet bell peppers, hand-carved grilled chicken breast, Italian sausage, and bacon.
Also new to the menu are Ciabatta Specialty Sandwiches, piled high with fresh ingredients and served on an old-world Italian Ciabatta roll. The new sandwiches include:
· The Sicilian – Shaved ham, sharp Provolone cheese, pepperoni, Cotto and Genoa salamis, roasted red bell peppers and a blend of olives, and pepperoncini finished with field greens and Roma tomatoes.
· The Tuscan – Hand-carved roasted turkey breast, melted Pepper Jack cheese, Roma tomatoes, field greens, bacon, cilantro and chipotle aioli, and topped with fresh avocado.
· The Caprese – Shredded Mozzarella cheese, roasted tomatoes, mayo, field greens, balsamic onion, basil pesto, and a balsamic glaze.
Schlotzsky’s is also adding a new gourmet pizza to the lineup. The new Chicken Alfredo Gourmet Pizza features sausage, hand-carved grilled chicken breast, bacon, Mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, bacon, and roasted red bell pepper. This can be paired with a Schlotzsky’s Italian Chopped Salad, featuring chopped romaine lettuce, shredded ham, pepperoni, Cotto and Genoa salamis, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, red onion, olive tapenade, and diced tomatoes tossed in a robust Italian dressing.
“These Italian-inspired additions to our menu elevate what our guests already love about our brand – our high quality ingredients, fresh flavors and adventurous recipes. These hearty meals will provide our guests a way to make Schlotzsky’s part of their entire day, especially family dinner time,” says Schlotzsky’s president Kelly Roddy.