Donuts, cereal, pancakes, and bread are popular foods for breakfast, but those morning sugar highs can leave you feeling tired throughout your day. For a healthy way to start your day, why not try a breakfast salad?
Snappy Salads has introduced its first ever breakfast menu at its new downtown Dallas location. The menu features plant-based foods blended with good proteins and carbohydrates including a Sunrise Salad with citrus and grains, Warm Riced Cauliflower with Fried Egg, and Smashed Avocado Toast.
“Making your first meal of the day a salad might sound a little strange, but it’s actually a no-brainer,” says CEO Chris Dahlander. “Leafy greens topped with brain foods that are nutrient-rich can fuel your body and start your day on the right note. As for flavor, a salad has endless ingredient combinations.”
- Tips for Making a Breakfast Salad at Home
- Use a variety of greens like spinach or arugula
- Prepare your eggs as usual, but pile them on a bed of fresh greens
- Add healthy, filling proteins and fats like beans, avocados, or cheese
- Toss in leftovers from last night’s dinner (chicken, fish, quinoa)
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with fresh berries or a drizzle of honey
- For something warm on a chilly morning top your greens with sautéed veggies like zucchini, onions or peppers
- For texture add dried fruit, nuts or whole grains
- Keep the dressing simple. Mix equal parts olive oil and apple cider vinegar with a spoonful of honey, or lemon or orange juice for something a little sweeter
“Snappy Salads is passionate about making good nutrition accessible to anyone,” says Dahlander. “We are breaking the American myth about your breakfast options and re-introducing important plant-based meals. Society used to eat this way, but we lost track of that with the emergence of highly industrialized grain- and sugar-based breakfast foods. My goal is to improve the quality of food Americans are eating by serving highly nutritious, high-quality meals to our guests by bringing back what we know our bodies have been craving.”
Snappy Salads opened its first location 11 years ago, with promises to elevate salads to entrée status and has since gained a loyal following affectionately referred to as “Snapsters.” The award-winning restaurant blends veggie-forward menu items with a variety of proteins to create unique, hearty, and delicious meals. Original creations such as the top-selling Grilled Avocado Salad and Bam Bam Salad have earned Snappy Salads its trademarked tagline: “So good, even guys like our salads.”
Snappy Salads has 15 locations throughout Dallas-Forth Worth, Houston and Austin with plans for further expansion in all three markets.
Snappy Salads will introduce its breakfast menu on September 11 at the downtown Dallas location on Harwood.