There’s a social element to every conference, usually involving structured or informal networking. At the first-ever Franchise Operational Performance Summit (OPS), to be held Dec. 6 and 7 in Atlanta, the social part of the agenda involves how franchises can use social media to improve operations.
“For a while now, Fortune 500 companies have incorporated private social media tools into their operations to share knowledge, promote innovation, and improve operational efficiencies, but franchises, for the most part, have not used social media, except for creating Facebook or Twitter pages for their customers,” says Evan Hackel, principal of Ingage Consulting and featured speaker at Franchise OPS.
“We will cover, as part of OPS, how there are a number of ways franchises can utilize social media to improve operations efficiency and improve communications throughout an organization overall.“
Franchise OPS will cover how to use social media to create:
- Collaboration and engagement within a franchisee council and with the franchisor.
- Think tanks for franchises to privately brainstorm new ideas among franchisees.
- Training teams for new product launches.
- Vehicles to find appropriate personnel with a certain skill set within a franchise organization.
“We’ve billed this as a one-of-a-kind event because very few, if any, franchise conferences are dedicated to franchise operations, particularly for C-level executives,“ Hackel says. “The added element of how social media can improve franchise operations gives Franchise OPS even more cache.”
In addition to the nuances of how social media and franchise operations, a sampling of workshops to be held includes:
- Real World Franchise Compliance
- Turning a Survey into a Powerful Management Tool
- Supercharge Operational Excellence with Web 2.0 Technology
- Making the Most of Franchise System Buying Services
Beyond the educational benefits, roundtable discussions, and networking opportunities with C-level franchise executives, Franchise OPS offers the added bonus of being approved for 300 CFE credits by the International Franchise Association.
Franchise OPS will be held Dec. 6 and 7 at the Twelve Hotel – Centenniel Park in Atlanta. Interested parties can register online at http://www.franchiseoperationssummit.com.