SocialEats in Santa Monica is rolling out new measures to be “social” in an effort to maintain proper social distancing. The owner John Kolaski has implemented the practices listed below that restaurants can follow to help get through this transition period in the food industry.
- Post signage and floor markers to measure 6ft distancing for guests waiting in line
- Designate indoor/outdoor waiting areas for takeout/pickup orders
- Post signage to identify where to place and pickup takeout orders
- Encourage guests to utilize Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay to limit cash transactions
- Seal all orders in a to-go container/bag to reduce exposure
- Designate parking spaces and zones with takeout/pickup signage to increase efficiency
- Post signage encouraging guests to stay home if they feel ill and to utilize delivery
- Restrict guest proximity to food prep areas to decrease likelihood of contamination
- Ensure restaurant employees wear protective gloves and follow CDC sanitization guidelines
- Be nice!
SocialEats has also added a roll of toilet paper for $1 on delivery for Azule, Paperboy, Adelaide, Fuku, Pop!s Burgers and Shakes, Street Noods, STRFSH and Supertoro and is launching its own free SocialEats Delivery Service for the local Santa Monica area. Residents can call (424) 317-5429 to place their order, the delivery zones are listed below:
- San Vicente to the North
- Rose Ave to the South
- Bundy to the East