For the last nine months, Sonic Drive-In has put thousands of drive-in crews from across the country through a series of trainings, quizzes, and challenging team and individual competitions in search of the Final 12 crews to compete in this year’s 2017 DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES. The Games is an intense national training competition that inspires friendly competition among crew members and encourages team building at the drive-in level.
The Final 12 will embark on a VIP trip to Denver to compete at the 2017 National Finals held during the annual Sonic National Convention in October. In addition to the competition, crew members will have the opportunity to meet with SONIC’s executive team, as well as enjoy the daily entertainment the convention provides.
“The DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES are an excellent training tool we’ve developed to motivate our crew members and give Sonic the opportunity to recognize participants on an individual level,” says Diane Prem, vice president of operation services at Sonic. “We continue to be impressed by the quality of our crews and their dedication to giving 110 percent during the DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES. The Final 12 are a diverse group of individuals from around the country who represent our brand’s unique culture."
From a field of 2,870 crews representing every corner of the country, the Final 12 earned their spot in the last leg of the competition by excelling above and beyond their peers in the fields of customer service and on-site training.
The Final 12 crews, in alphabetical order, are:
1. 901 Reese Street, Breaux Bridge, La.
2. 6300 South Elm Place, Broken Arrow, Okla.
3. 815 North Walnut, Cameron, Mo.
4. 4457 Austin Bluff Parkway, Colorado Springs, Colo.
5. 301 Highway 175 West, Eustace, TX
6. 14171 Highway 231-431 North, Hazel Green, Ala.
7. 109 North Highway 274, Kemp, TX
8. 3307 North Broadway, Knoxville, Tenn.
9. 311 W. Broad Street, Mineola, TX
10. 695 Commonwealth Drive, Norton, Va.
11. 3501 Monroe Highway, Pineville, La.
12. 9102 Highway 20, Summertown, Tenn.
“Over the past 24 years Dr Pepper has worked closely with Sonic to build the DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES into the incredibly successful program it is today,” says Blaine Wood, director of sales for Dr Pepper. “The Final 12 crews have worked hard to get to this round of the competition and we’re proud to support their efforts to deliver a wonderful guest experience.”