For three consecutive weekends in June starting on June 10, customers can visit any specialty retail Teavana store for the chance to win free tea for an entire year, no purchase necessary.
“Free tea for a year at Teavana is the perfect way to experience some of our pure loose-leaf teas and herbal infusions and try your hand at creating a custom blend as well,” says Naoko Tsunoda, director of global tea quality and development. “It’s a great way to build your tea expertise and take a stab at being a mixologist.”
The Tea Good to Be True Instant Win game pieces will be distributed by partners (employees) in Teavana specialty retail stores the weekend of June 10–12, June 17–19 and June 24–26, while game piece supplies last. Ten customers, per distribution period, will win the grand prize of tea for a year, for a total of 30 Grand Prize winners. Every customer who receives an Instant Win game piece will benefit from a percentage off select Teavana teas and merchandise or a chance to win one 20 ounce iced tea.
Additionally from June 9–12, customers can visit Teavana.com and get $25 off any $60 purchase plus free shipping, use the promo code BIGDEAL. Stock up on Teavana’s exclusive tea blends to brew at home this summer.
On June 10, Teavana stores will also be offering complimentary samples of iced tea including:
- Raspberry Limeade Tea Blend – A balanced myriad of berries with an elegant balsamic finish blended with a burst of lime.
- Pineapple Berry Blue Tea Blend – Juicy berry flavors blend beautifully with tropical sweet pineapple to create a flavorful and balanced blend that is perfect for iced tea. It’s a blend of Blueberry Bliss and Pineapple Kona Pop that burst with the tangy-sweet flavor of hibiscus, citrus and bold berry.
- Golden Monkey Strawberry Lemonade Tea – Inspired by Teavana’s favorite tastes of summer, this invigorating blend is the perfect way to beat the heat. Black tea, strawberries and refreshing citrus combine to create a cannonball-sized splash of iced tea flavor.
“We encourage customers to try different iced tea blends in our stores. You can explore different flavors, some you may not have considered on your own. This is the best way to uncover a new favorite tea," Tsunoda says. "When you visit a Teavana store, spend time with one of our partners to learn about the range of tea flavors like berry, citrus, minty, dessert, or spices profiles that appeal to your tastes."
Customers can share tea with a friend or family member at the Buy One, Share One Teavana Shaken Iced Tea Event at participating Starbucks stores in the U.S. on June 10.
“Whether you’re new to tea or a tea enthusiast, that first sip of delicious, loose-leaf iced tea immediately transforms the way one thinks about this refreshing beverage,” Tsunoda says. “The delicious, bold, exotic flavors are perfect for celebrating summer with family and friends.”
Tsunoda recommends two tea beverages to try at Starbucks:
- Teavana Shaken Iced Mango Black Tea Lemonade – A blend of premium black tea, juicy mango, sweet passion fruit, and a splash of lemonade.
- Teavana Shaken Iced Peach Green Tea – Green tea, sweet peach, and ginger layered together for a taste that’s peachy keen.