Starbucks celebrated its 30,000th store—opened in Shenzhen, China—marking a significant global milestone for the company. The 30,000th store, the Starbucks Reserve Shenzhen Bay Mix City location, is a tribute to the company’s coffee leadership around the world.
“The opening of Starbucks 30,000th store is a proud moment for all Starbucks partners,” said Kevin Johnson, president and CEO Starbucks Coffee Company. “Over the past 48 years we have worked to build a different kind of company based on a mission grounded in the human experience, the world’s finest coffees, and a constant of pursuit of doing good. Starbucks now serves more than 100 million customer occasions across 78 markets around the world. It all started with our first store in Seattle, Washington, and today we celebrate the 30,000th store that just opened in Shenzhen, China.”
As an industry leader in global retail development, Starbucks drives net new store growth of 6 to 7 percent annually, including a variety of different formats that elevate the customer experience focused on high-quality Arabica coffee and handcrafted beverages, and meaningful community engagements. A few notable new stores for Starbucks include:
- Three new Starbucks Reserve Roasteries that opened in Milan, New York and Tokyo
- The first-of-its-kind coffee sanctuary in Bali, Indonesia
- The opening of the second signing store globally that provides employment opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing people, located in Washington, D.C.
- The celebration of more than 50 military family stores across the United States
- The 12th community store located in Dallas, Texas
Throughout its growth, Starbucks has remained true to its mission—to inspire and nurture the human spirit—one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time. This achievement continues the company’s commitment to elevate the Starbucks Experience for customers around the world.