For many, the holidays begin when they catch their first whiff of eggnog or have their first taste of peppermint. Starting today, Starbucks seasonal espresso beverages return in their festive red holiday cups to stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Holiday favorites such as Chestnut Praline Latte, Gingerbread Latte, Eggnog Latte, and Peppermint Mocha will be available nationwide throughout the U.S. and Canada this year. New holiday beverages, along with the full lineup of packaged coffees and merchandise, will arrive when Starbucks stores “turn red” in the U.S. on November 10 and Canada on November 2.
“Holiday beverages have been a highly anticipated tradition at Starbucks since Christmas Blend was introduced in 1984,” says Cliff Burrows, who leads Starbucks business in the U.S. and Americas. “We are honored to be a part of our customers’ yearly holiday traditions, and every year we look forward to bringing back favorite holiday beverages that evoke the spirit of the season.”
In addition to Starbucks hot signature holiday favorites, all seasonal beverages are available iced or as a Frappuccino blended beverage. For the first time nationwide, these cold beverages also have their own festive holiday cup with a snowflake design.
· Caramel Brulée Latte: Espresso, steamed milk, and rich caramel brulée sauce, topped with whipped cream and shimmery caramel brulée topping.
· Chestnut Praline Latte: Inspired by the time-honored holiday tradition of warm roasted chestnuts, this beverage features Starbucks signature espresso and flavors of caramelized chestnuts, with freshly steamed milk, topped with whipped cream and spiced praline crumbs.
· Eggnog Latte: Espresso combined with steamed eggnog and milk and dusted with ground nutmeg.
· Gingerbread Latte: The flavor of gingerbread combined with espresso and steamed milk. Finished with a topping of whipped cream and ground nutmeg.
· Peppermint Mocha: Espresso and steamed milk sweetened with flavors of chocolate and peppermint, all topped off with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
· Skinny Peppermint Mocha: A lighter version of Starbucks Peppermint Mocha made with nonfat milk, sugar-free peppermint syrup, and skinny mocha sauce.
Within the first 48 hours of red Starbucks cups launching last year, a photo of a Starbucks holiday cup was shared on Instagram every 14 seconds. This year, customers in the U.S. and Canada can once again participate in Starbucks Red Cup Contest on Instagram by snapping a photo with their red Starbucks cup, uploading and tagging it #redcupcontest for a chance to win a Starbucks eGift card.
On Twitter, holiday tweets will also be a bit more festive this year, with a red holiday cup emoji hashflag appearing after the hashtag #RedCup or #RedCups.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.