Wingstop celebrated a groundbreaking year in 2011 – opening 34 new restaurants, including its 500th location in Brooklyn, New York – and reached more than eight years of consecutive same store sales increases.
Additionally, Wingstop’s same-store sales for the fourth quarter increased 9 percent over the same quarter last year, and 5.8 percent year-to-date.
“Last year was perhaps the most momentous in our 18-year history,” says Jim Flynn, Wingstop president and CEO. “I’d like to thank our franchise brand partners, vendors, and especially our corporate and restaurant staff. Wingstop has more than 5,500 team members in 500 restaurants across the U.S. and Mexico, and it’s due to their hard work and dedication that we continue to grow and will open 60 new locations in 2012.”
Among the company’s achievements in 2011, Wingstop celebrated:
- Its 500th restaurant, now open in Brooklyn, New York.
- More than 8 straight years of positive comp store sales.
- Expansion in markets across the country, including New York, Baltimore, Atlanta, San Diego, Seattle, Milwaukee, Memphis, and many more.
- Ranking as a Top 10 Best Franchise Deals by QSR Magazine and CNNMoney 10 Great Franchise Bets.
- Launching the Wingstop phone app, available now on iPhone and Android.
- Opening Wingstop Sports, a sports twist on the Wingstop concept, now open in Brownsville, Texas.
- Introducing Gliders, now a permanent item on the Wingstop menu.
- Debuting the 10th Wingstop flavor, Louisiana Rub, which has quickly become a fan favorite.
- Signing franchise agreements to open 130 new restaurants in the U.S.
- A master franchise agreement for 120 new locations in Mexico.