On August 28, Twitch and Subway restaurants announced that they’ll be partnering up on a custom marketing campaign as part of Twitch’s third annual SUBtember, a month-long celebration where fans can support their favorite streamers through discounted subscriptions. Streamers will continue to receive the full value of a subscription, and subscribers will get access to custom emotes, subscriber badges, ad-free viewing and exclusive subscriber content.
Beginning September 3 through September 24, in partnership with Subway, the chain is offering 50 percent off new Tier 1 subscriptions made on a web browser or our desktop app, so you can support even more of the streamers you follow on Twitch. Any new Tier 1 subscription on web or desktop app is eligible for this promotion unless you cancel a subscription in that channel after September 3.
As in prior years, streamers will continue to receive the full value of a subscription, and there is no limit on the number of times you can subscribe using the SUBtember half-off promotion.
As a subscriber, depending on the channel, you get stuff like:
- Access to custom emotes that you can use across all of Twitch
- Subscriber badge that changes the longer you stay subscribed
- Ad-free viewing (with limited exceptions)
- Exclusive subscriber content, such as a sub-only games, sub-only streaming, Q&A, sub-only chat rooms, and other benefits that streamers may offer only for subscribers
Get the discount by logging into Twitch and clicking the Subscribe button on your favorite streamers’ channel pages. As always, there is no minimum commitment and you can cancel your subscription at any time by visiting the Subscription Management Page.
The brand is leveling up SUBtember with Subway and offering even more benefits including:
- Bonus Bits: Subway is throwing in 10 percent more Bits when you Cheer 10 or more in any Affiliate or Partner channel. There’s even a limited-time sub sandwich Cheermote you can cheer with.
- Sub Gifting: Subway will be gifting subscriptions in various channels—make sure to tune in throughout September.
- Subway on Twitch: Tune in when Subway launches their very own Twitch channel to livestream with their favorite streamers.