Taco John’s International announced its 2021 development royalty incentive program for prospective franchisees.
The new franchise incentives, which are available to franchisees who sign-on to develop traditional free-standing units, include specific offers for five-plus unit area development agreements (ADA) and single-unit development deals. The limited time offer is built for entrepreneurially driven individuals seeking investment opportunities in the high-growth quick-service restaurant sector, which has been powered by strong drive-thru and off-premise sales in recent months. Taco John’s in particular has seen same-store sales growth each month since May 2020.
The single-unit incentive program applies only to units franchisees commit to developing in 2021 and 2022. The 5+ unit ADA incentive applies to all stores that open in the first four years. Both programs give franchisees the opportunity to invest what would have been spent on royalties back into their restaurants. The standard Taco John’s royalty fee is 5 percent of net sales.
Taco John’s is offering qualified candidates who sign a development deal the following incentives:
- 5+ unit ADA signed in 2021 will enjoy reduced royalties of 2% in year one, 3% in year two and 4% in year three for all stores opened in the first four years.
- For stores opening in the first four years of the ADA, Taco John’s will make up to $10,000 available for local store marketing to spend during the first 120 days after opening.
- Single-unit development agreements signed in 2021 and with stores opening in 2021 will enjoy reduced royalties of 1% in year one, 2% in year two, 3% in year three and 4% in year four.
- For stores opening in 2021, Taco John’s will make up to $10,000 available for local store marketing to spend during the first 120 days after opening.
- Single-unit development agreements signed in 2021 and with stores opening in 2022 will enjoy reduced royalties of 2% in year one, 3% in year two and 4% in year.
“Taco John’s is in an incredible growth phase and we are looking to partner with talented and qualified franchisees across the country,” says Brooks Speirs, vice president of franchise development at Taco John’s. “With a new brand look, completely reimagined store design, and very attractive markets available for development, we’re in a strong position to encourage growth with the right partners through this unmatched incentive offer.”
Differentiating itself in the popular Mexican quick-service segment, Taco John’s prides itself on a unique menu that features high-quality ingredients. Its commitment to quality has established the brand as the go-to restaurant in its markets. Additionally, its significant drive-thru and to-go business has helped insulate the brand from recent market shifts. Taco John’s has been the leader in to-go and drive-thru business for decades.
The Taco John’s franchise opportunity separates itself as a thriving legacy brand with strong unit-level economics, prime markets available for multi-unit development and unique menu. The brand has recently launched several new and innovative menu items, a new refreshed brand look and feel, and is rolling out a systemwide remodel program, all serving to attract new consumers and retain longtime fans. As Taco John’s expands, it is seeking qualified, experienced and passionate franchisees, franchise groups and convenience store operators to develop the concept in key markets.