The best of the best restaurants at Taco John’s are receiving special recognition for their performance during the past year. The Mexican quick service is honoring nearly 60 locations across the country that generated sales of $1 million or more in 2015.
“We’re seeing tremendous growth in the number of Taco John’s restaurants achieving the top performance levels. The number of franchisees reaching new sales categories nearly doubled this past year,” says Jeff Linville, CEO for Taco John’s. “There are several reasons so many of our restaurants are doing so well. Comp sales have increased 5.4 percent this past year. Our focus on menu innovation has lead to very popular items like the street tacos. And new, as well as existing, franchisees are investing in our brand like never before.”
Taco John’s presented the performance awards to those achieving a new sales category during its annual convention in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina:
- 28 restaurants received the Diamond Circle award for sales of $1 million to $1.25 million.
- 17 restaurants reached the Double Diamond Circle with sales of $1.25 to $1.5 million.
- 5 locations qualified for the Triple Diamond award by selling $1.5 to $1.75 million.
- 3 restaurants reached the Quad Diamond Circle with sales of $1.75 to $2 million.
- 2 locations earned the Diamond Jubilee award with sales of $2 to $2.5 million.
The Founder’s Cup award, given to the restaurant with the highest sales across the country, went to the Taco John’s of Williston, North Dakota.
“Restaurants like these play a critical role in the ongoing success of Taco John’s,” Linville says. “As we expand into new markets, it’s important for current and potential franchisees to see the popularity of our brand and the success many of our operators are enjoying.”