Americans consumed more than 80 billion servings of tea in 2014 and their interest in the health benefits of tea continues to grow, according to the Tea Council of the USA, which recently named January 12 National Hot Tea Day.
Today, Teavana is introducing seven new loose-leaf wellness teas that are an easy and delicious way to support a healthy lifestyle, with blends like Purify, Defense, and Rev Up.
“We know our customers are looking to incorporate health and wellness rituals into their everyday life, so this is the perfect time for Teavana to introduce a new line of wellness teas,” says Bernard Acoca, president of Teavana. “Enjoying a flavorful cup of Rejuvenate tea in the morning or Serenity tea in the evening is something our customers can feel good about and a wellness ritual that is easy to sustain throughout the year.”
Teavana partners (employees) are finding that customers commonly explore teas to support and enhance a healthy lifestyle. “On a regular basis, Teavana customers come to our stores asking for teas with specific ingredients,” says Naoko Tsunoda, director of tea development at Teavana. “They might be looking for a tea that is calming, one that may be energizing or an excellent source of the antioxidant vitamin C for overall wellness.”
With these customer requests in mind, the tea blending experts at Teavana created seven wellness teas as a permanent part of the company’s core lineup. The new loose-leaf blends are made from high-quality tea leaves, fruits, and botanicals. The seven new teas are:
- Defense, a blend of white tea, blackberry leaves, and amaranth grain, plus 50 percent of recommended daily value of vitamin C.
- Purify, a mix of white tea scented with jasmine and orange petals to promote hydration and an inner glow.
- Rev Up, a blend of second-flush Darjeeling black tea, green tea, and high-quality Chinese oolong with notes of peach, apricot, and mango to help support a healthy metabolism.
- Serenity, a blend of chamomile, orange, and rose petals that will help unwind before bed.
- Rejuvenate, a blend of black tea and yerba maté to help invigorate.
- Recover, a detoxifying blend of green tea and mint, plus 50 percent of recommended daily value of vitamin C.
- Comfort, a blend of ginger, spearmint, and peppermint to help with balance.
“We chose different varieties of teas and botanicals regularly sought after by consumers in the wellness category such as chamomile, ginger, lavender, and peppermint,” Tsunoda says. The Teavana team also carefully blended the teas to provide a striking balance of flavor.
In addition to the new wellness teas, Teavana offers a line of USDA Certified Organic Imperial Grade Matcha, which provides catechins and antioxidants from vitamins A and C. Teavana recently launched new organic Matcha Singles, which can be instantly brewed by simply adding hot or cold water, for customers on the go.
The wellness and matcha teas in addition to a full lineup of specialty teas are available at 350 Teavana stores across North America or online at Teavana.com.