On Monday, June 20, Tijuana Flats will open locations in both St. Cloud and Port Orange, Florida. Located at 4100 13th St., the St. Cloud location will employ 45–50 team members to include management, back-of-house and front-of-house employees. Additionally, the Port Orange location is at 1760 Dunlawton Avenue and will employee 40–45 employees.
“We have been seeking locations in St. Cloud and Port Orange for a while now and are confident that we have selected two sites that are well situated in these communities. We’re excited to expand the Tijuana Flats brand to these cities and are looking forward to continued growth,” says CEO Camp Fitch.
Additionally, the locations will feature energy-efficient equipment and environmentally friendly processes to include:
- Menus on recycled paper
- Energy efficient LED Lighting with an average life of 50,000 hours
- Environmentally friendly Energy Star rated tankless water heaters
- Water saving toilets that meet the EPA WaterSense criteria
- Ceiling tile made with up to 55 percent recycled content
- Zero VOC paint, certified Greenguard Gold for low chemical emissions
- Low flow, water-conserving faucets that meet the EPA WaterSense criteria
- Floor tile made with post and pre-consumer recycled materials
- E Solutions, energy efficient, eco-conscious walk in cooler condensers
- Energy Star rated steamer
- Occupancy sensors and time clocks are used to conserve energy throughout the restaurant
- Water saving Pre-Rinse unit
Opening week schedules include:
- Mon. June 20: Free Burritos–The first 50 guests receive a free Tijuana burrito.
- Tues. June 21: Tijuana Tuesdaze–Two tacos, chips, and a drink for $5.49 (every Tuesday).
- Wed. June 22: $2 Tacos and $2 Beers (draft beer only).
- Thurs. June 23: Throwback Thursdaze–Tijuana burrito, chips, a drink for $5.99 (every Thursday).
- Fri. June 24: Rock Out Party–Live music in the evening (times vary by location) and giveaways.
- Sat. June 25: Local Hero Day–Public servants (police, firefighters, EMT, teachers, and military) receive 50 percent off an entrée with valid ID.
- Sun. June 26: Kids Eat Free–One free kid’s meal with purchase of any adult entrée. Kids 12 & under.
Happy Hour Weekdays 4 to 7 p.m.
- $2.50 Corona/Corona Lt./Modelo Especial/Domestic Drafts/Domestic Bottles
- $2.50 Wines
- $3 Corona/Corona Lt./Negra Modelo Bottles/Sangria
The Port Orange restaurant is 2,525 square feet and has 78 interior dining seats and 12 outdoor patio seats. Guests can sample any of the 15 different hot sauces from the hot sauce bar. The wall mural, a staple at all Tijuana Flats but personalized to each location, depicts an alien blasting an astronaut with a lethal tentacle.
The St. Cloud restaurant is 2,000 square feet and has 66 interior dining seats and 32 outdoor patio seats. This location will also feature 15 different hot sauces on a hot sauce bar. Their mural shows two hooded, mysterious figures, creating a new formula of hot sauce in a top-secret laboratory.