Tim Hortons announced an exciting expansion of its loyalty program, including allowing access to additional menu items and launching new exclusive offers.
On February 26, Tims Rewards will evolve to a points-based program and provide for access to additional menu items not offered in the current program. Members will earn 10 points per visit and rewards are unlocked starting at just 60 points. Points levels are:
- 60 points: Classic Cookie, Classic Donut, Specialty Donut
- 80 points: Brewed Coffee, Tea (Specialty or Steeped)
- 120 points: Hot Chocolate, French Vanilla, Regular Iced Coffee
- 160 points: 10 pack Timbits, Original Iced Capp®, Regular Hot or Iced Lattes
- 200 points: Biscuit or English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich, Breakfast Wraps
- 240 points: Turkey Bacon Club, Ham and Swiss, Chicken Wraps
In order to access their Tims Rewards account, members should use the mobile app. As of March 10, physical cards will no longer be supported in the U.S. and members will not be able to redeem rewards or earn points using a physical card. Through the mobile app, members will be able to select a desired rewards level and can then redeem their points for their favorite Tim Hortons menu items once they reach it or can select to bank points in the mobile app to save the points for up to a year. If members don’t choose a reward level, the default will be a free coffee or tea after earning 80 points.
Members who access their Tims Rewards account through the mobile app and have selected a reward level will be able to unlock exclusive benefits and receive a reward on their birthday.
More details on Tims Rewards:
- Earning points: Members will earn 10 Points when they make an eligible purchase, which is a transaction with a pre-tax total of greater than $0.50 and that is made at least 30 minutes after the most recent eligible purchase. The Tim Hortons mobile app must be presented and scanned before paying.
- Existing Rewards & Visits: On February 26, already-participating members will receive 90 points for every banked reward, 10 points for every visit they have accumulated up to that point, and an additional 20 points.
- Banking points: If a member doesn’t want to use their rewards right away, they can toggle on the bank my points feature in the Tim Hortons mobile app and save rewards for up to a year.
- Physical cards: As of March 10, physical cards will no longer be supported in the U.S. and members will not be able to redeem rewards or collect points using a physical card. Members must use the mobile app in order to access their accounts.