Torchy’s Tacos, the popular Austin-based craft fast-casual taco brand, has announced its first North Carolina location in Raleigh. Located in the Midtown East Shops at 1110 Mercantile Drive, Building 6, Suite 120, the opening marks the restaurant’s 88th location nationwide.
Celebrating its 15th anniversary this year, Torchy’s Tacos was born in Austin, Texas in 2006, when a man with a dream bought a food trailer and a vibrant red Vespa. Torchy’s elevates the traditional street taco with unique flavor combinations made with high-quality ingredients from around the world. Coined by Torchy’s earliest fans who could often be overheard saying, “Damn, these tacos are good,” Torchy’s lives to serve Damn Good food and enjoys supporting the communities it serves.
“As one of the fastest growing cities in the nation, we’ve had our sights on Raleigh for a while and are thrilled to be opening our first east coast location in this vibrant city,” says G.J. Hart, CEO of Torchy’s Tacos. “We can’t wait to introduce Raleighites to our Damn Good tacos, queso, margaritas and more!”
Guests can pick-up their order or choose to dine-in inside the expansive 3,600-square-foot space featuring outdoor patio seating.
Highlights of the Raleigh Torchy’s Tacos menu include:
● Damn Good Tacos: Torchy’s inventive taco creations with fresh-made tortillas like Green Chile Pork featuring pork carnitas, green chiles, and cotija cheese, Mr. Orange featuring blackened salmon, cotija cheese and grilled corn & black bean relish, the infamous Trailer Park inspired by Torchy’s beginnings in an Austin food trailer with fried chicken, green chiles, lettuce, pico de gallo and cheddar jack cheese (or make it “trashy” by removing the lettuce and adding Green Chile Queso), and many more.
● Taco of the Month: Torchy’s ever-changing monthly promotion of unique and mouth-watering tacos that keep taco junkies guessing and relishing year ‘round.
● Flavorful Sides: Including Green Chile Queso + Chips, Street Corn and fresh-made guacamole and salsa.
● Freshly Squeezed, Hand-shaken Margaritas and Local Brews: Guests can enjoy Weekend Cures with $4.50 select drinks, like sangria or mimosas, all day on Saturdays and Sundays.
Torchy’s Raleigh is opening with safety measures in place, including frequent cleaning and sanitation, team member wellness checks, proper glove and mask use and other steps to ensure guest and team member safety. Guests can also use the all-new Torchy’s app, available via the Apple App Store and Google Play, to get their taco fix with a tap and place pickup and delivery orders with contactless payment, right from their phone.
The restaurant’s hours of operation are:
● Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
● Friday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
● Saturday, 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
● Sunday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
In addition to the new Raleigh location, Torchy’s Tacos continues to grow across the U.S. with recent openings in Indiana, Ohio and Texas and recently announced plans to expand into Tennessee.