Uncle Maddio’s is expanding across the Charlotte, North Carolina, area and will open its third restaurant on July 22 in the Midtown area located at 345 S. Kings Drive, directly across from Trader Joe’s and the Metropolitan Center. Uncle Maddio’s offers hand-made pizza, salads, Foldwich, as well as craft beer and wine.
The lineup of offers and events for the grand opening weekend include:
· July 22: Starting July 18, sign up on the Uncle Maddio’s Charlotte Facebook page to be one of the first 2,000 people to earn a free 9-inch, three topping pizza.
· July 23: One guest can win $5,000 by signing up for Maddio’s Loyalty Club or making a purchase, and then earning the chance to enter the secret code into Maddio’s Dough Vault. If you crack the code, you win $5,000 in “dough” instantly.
· July 23: On brewery night Uncle Maddio’s will partner with Old Mecklenburg Brewery for Keep the Glass night, as well as gift card giveaways to the brewery.
· July 23: For all purchases made July 23, the receipt will be redeemable for a free 9-inch, three topping pizza for two weeks following that purchase.
· July 24: Join Maddio for Family Day, where all kids under 12 eat for free, which includes a 6-inch, two topping pizza and drink. Other activities include face painting, balloon art, and a coloring contest.
The Charlotte Uncle Maddio’s is owned and operated by franchise partners Jerry Licari and Tim Verhagen. They opened their first two Uncle Maddio’s restaurants in 2014; the first in Overstreet Mall and their second in Huntersville. In total, the partners have signed on to open eight locations across the Charlotte area, making them one of the largest franchisees for the brand.
“Our locations in Charlotte and Huntersville have been incredibly successful, and we plan to build on that success for our third location,” Licari says. “This is only the third of many Uncle Maddio’s we have planned for the greater Charlotte area.”
“Jerry and Tim are proven franchisees that have built a great following in Charlotte,” says Matt Andrew, CEO and founder of Uncle Maddio’s. “There is a lot of opportunity to build out new locations in around Charlotte, and they are the guys to help us expand in the area.”
Since launching its aggressive growth plan in 2008, Uncle Maddio's has signed franchise agreements with 67 different entities in 18 states. Many of Uncle Maddio's franchisees have previous multi-unit experience with Jimmy John's, Firehouse Subs, Dairy Queen, McDonald’s, Burger King, Krystal, Papa John's, Domino's, and Golden Corral.