West Coast fast-casual restaurant Veggie Grill is redefining calorie-smart menu options with its new “Mindful Living” menu, now available at all 23 locations. The newly curated menu shines the spotlight on items that are lower in calories, high in protein, and nutrient-dense. The “Mindful Living” menu includes a variety of existing menu items along with new entrée and side combinations, many of which are already guest favorites, including the new Quinoa Power Salad and the Bombay Bowl. Many of the items provide about 30 grams of protein while keeping calories near the 500-per-plate range.
“We’re passionate about providing our guests better-for-you options and we recognize that many are especially aware of their eating habits at the start of the New Year,” says Ray White, chief foodie for Veggie Grill. “Our ‘Mindful Living’ menu empowers guests to easily identify and enjoy great nutritional benefits without compromising the delicious flavor we’re known for.”
The “Mindful Living” menu, which will be highlighted alongside Veggie Grill’s regular menu, gives guests their ideal food choice based on the nutritional elements they’re most interested in. Each item lists calorie count and protein and addresses nutrient benefits such as fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. The new menu will feature 13 options, including:
· Bombay Bowl (GF): Whole roasted veggies, almonds, and hemp seeds, packed with Omega 3s and Omega 6s (590 calories, 17 grams protein);
· American Stack Kale Style, side of Cauli-Mashed Potatoes: The kale is very high in beta carotene, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C and rich in calcium (560 calories, 33 grams protein);
· Bayou Chickin’ Kale Style, side of Herb-Roasted Veggies: Herb-roasted veggies are high in fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin B, and potassium (470 calories, 28 grams protein);
· Thai Salad with Chickin’: Great source of beta-carotene, Vitamin C, and fiber (hold the wontons), (590 calories, 30 grams protein);
· Bali Bliss Blackened Kale Style, side of Chili: Organic non-GMO tempeh with 19 grams of dietary fiber (530 calories, 33 grams protein).
Veggie Grill’s 100 percent plant-based menu is prepared in-house and fresh to order with nutrient-dense, wholesome ingredients, made from scratch daily. Additionally, all menu items are free of animal fat, dairy, eggs, cholesterol, antibiotics, trans fats, hormones, and high-fructose corn syrup; many gluten-free options are also available.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.