Travelers will know summer is just around the corner with the May 1 opening of perennial visitor favorite, Velvet Ice Cream's Ye Olde Mill.
The Mill kicks off its 2012 season to individual travelers, groups, and school field trips at 11 a.m. May 1 with the signature time-honored fun that draws more than 150,000 people to the Velvet Ice Cream headquarters every year.
In addition to enjoying a scoop of that famous Velvet Ice Cream at 1970s-era pricing, guests can enjoy the following:
- Free Velvet Ice Cream tours
- Watching ice cream being made in the viewing gallery
- Free play on the Ye Olde Mill playground
- Three shelter houses for picnics and family gatherings
- A Historic 1817 grist mill with water wheel
- A real 19th century-style ice cream parlor
- Wheel Room Restaurant
- Interactive Ice Cream and Milling Museums
- Feeding the ducks on two catch-and-release fish ponds
- Gift shop
- Nature Trail
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
With the nearby bike-friendly nature trail, quiet country roads, and gorgeous scenery, biking enthusiasts love visiting Ye Olde Mill. The 2012 season is an ideal time to visit the Mill, as Velvet Ice Cream will be giving away a custom bicycle. Visitors can begin signing up to win the bike May 1. Velvet Ice Cream will draw a winner on August 11.
Velvet Ice Cream is located in Utica, Ohio, situated on the perfect combination of wooded countryside and rolling, pastoral farmland.