Whataburger is launching the Chorizo Burger with Creamy Chili Sauce. Chorizo, a type of ground sausage that derives its bold taste profile and deep red color from a fresh blend of spices, is already a staple in many places and gaining in popularity.
The sizzling chorizo gives the burger a bold taste, while a blend of fire-roasted poblano peppers, red peppers and onions give it a fresh bite. Whataburger combined these two ingredients with new Creamy Chili Sauce, two slices of Monterey Jack cheese and two fresh, all-beef patties for a unique burger with the perfect balance of spice.
“Mexican-style chorizo makes this burger unique with its deep red color, fresh blend of spices and bold, flavorful profile,” says Rich Scheffler, Whataburger Vice President of Marketing and Innovation. “The flavors on this burger blend nicely for a balanced but savory taste we think our customers will enjoy.”
The Chorizo Burger is only available for a limited time (no exact dates to share). Prices vary by market.
- Two beef patties: never-frozen, juicy 100 percent pure beef, double patties
- Chorizo: fresh blend of spices, bold and flavorful with a deep red color
- Fire-roasted blend of poblano peppers, red peppers, and onions
- Two slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- New Creamy Chili Sauce mixes six different types of peppers for a zesty flavor
- Toasted five-inch white bun
- Chorizo Taquito with Cheese
In addition to the Chorizo Burger with Creamy Chili Sauce, Whataburger will also bring back the spiced-up chorizo sausage to Whataburger late night and breakfast from 11 p.m. to 11 a.m.
The Taquito will feature a soft flour tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, chorizo and one slice of American cheese.
Like the Chorizo Burger, the Chorizo Taquito with Cheese is only available for a limited time (no exact dates to share). Prices vary by market.
- Soft flour tortilla
- Scrambled eggs
- Chorizo: fresh blend of spices, sizzling, bold, flavorful, deep red color
- One slice of American cheese