• Ron Powell to president and chief operating officer (COO) for YGR. Powell previously served as president of Long John Silver's Restaurants. As COO, he will be responsible for operations, marketing, product and process development, franchising, construction and real estate for both brands in the United States.
• Kevin Armstrong to president Long John Silver's Restaurants. He previously served as senior vice president of marketing for Long John Silver's Restaurants. He will be responsible for franchise and company operations, marketing, restaurant support services, training and franchise relations for the Long John Silver's brand.
• Bryon Stephens to vice president, franchising, YGR. He previously was vice president, franchise development for A&W Restaurants. He will be responsible for franchise sales for both brands and any re-franchising activity.
• Scott Fatzinger to vice president, real estate, YGR. He was vice president, real estate for A&W Restaurants. He will have real estate responsibility for both brands,
• Alan Krueger to vice president of construction for YGR. He was vice president of construction for Long John Silver's Restaurants. He will have responsibility for all new construction, co-branded units and retrofits of company owned restaurants, and he will provide construction and design support for all franchisees, domestic and international.
"It is becoming increasingly clear that A&W and Long John Silver's will be experiencing unprecedented change given our increasing focus on new restaurant growth, co-branded conversions, accelerated re-modeling, new product introductions, store operations and improved marketing,'' Feltenstein said. "These promotions and organizational changes are designed to ensure superior execution of both concepts, while at the same time ensuring no erosion of brand clarity among any constituency that we serve such as our franchisees, suppliers, and corporate staff.''
Feltenstein and a group of investors acquired A&W Restaurants, this country's oldest franchise restaurant chain, in 1995. Last year, he completed the purchase of Long John Silver's, the country's largest seafood restaurant chain, and formed Yorkshire Global Restaurants.