Zoup!, the fast-casual restaurant renowned for its gourmet soups, does more than serve delicious bowls of soup to its loyal guests; it also “rescues” members of the communities it serves, providing free Zoup! Rescue Care Packages all year long. With Random Acts of Kindness Day approaching on Saturday, Feb. 17, now is a great time to nominate deserving friends, co-workers and loved ones to receive their own Zoup! Rescue Care Package.
“Our Rescue Care Packages are a no-cost way to show someone you’re thinking of them, or to thank them for everything they do,” says Zoup! founder and CEO Eric Ersher. “Whether someone is under the weather, recovering from an illness, feeling blue or simply too busy to leave their desks for a hot meal, their face is sure to light up when they receive a Rescue Care Package. Our Zoup! teams love providing this little bit of comfort in their communities.”
Each Zoup! Rescue Care Package consists of a bowl of delicious, filling soup, a big hunk of bread and a beverage. To nominate a friend or loved one, simply submit a nomination form at zouprescue.com. A store manager reviews all nominations and selects rescue recipients. The nominator is contacted to arrange a date and time to pick up the Rescue Care Package. Delivery is also available from select Zoup! locations.
Watch the Southfield, Michigan, Zoup! team deliver a Rescue Care Package to their local fire department here.
Other examples of deserving folks who’ve been “rescued” by Zoup! include the following:
- Bob, a loyal guest who is also a sheriff, was injured while on duty. The Zoup! team in Denver brought a Rescue Care Package to Bob at the hospital while he recovered.
- Zoup!’s Strongsville, Ohio, team donated four gallons of soup to the Brook Park Recreation Center’s special needs class to thank them for their work on behalf of children facing unique challenges.
- Celia in Dimondale, Michigan, received a Care Package because she was recovering from hip surgery and caring for a six-month-old baby.
- Ms. Betty Jo, a grandmother of five in Columbus, Ohio, received a Care Package while she was recovering from a mild stroke.
- The Wilmington, Delaware, location came to the rescue of regular guest Jim, 96, after a fall left him in the hospital and rehab for eight weeks.
Zoup! features a wide variety of award-winning soups with 12 rotating daily varieties, including low-fat, low-cal, vegetarian, made with gluten-free ingredients and dairy-free options, all served with a hunk of freshly baked bread. Customer favorites include Chicken Potpie, Lobster Bisque and Spicy Black Bean Chili, but guests are encouraged to find the soup that’s perfect for them by sampling before they order. The menu also features seasonal, made-to-order salads and sandwiches, and all menu items are available in convenient catering sizes for groups of 10 or more. Online ordering is also available. Guests should join Zoup!’s InsiderZ program for more information, news and special offers including a “buy a bowl, get one free” deal just by signing up.